Geofacts from New England: Part 3. amulets for protection

Ariel3

Feb 27, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a group of three amulets made of felsite and hard quartz. Very difficult to fashion. Possibly meant to be carried as protection against supernatural effects.

The first has the appearance of a primate. The second appears to be a ward against predators. The third has the appearance of a ghostly specter.

IMG_0479 (2).JPG

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'd say keep looking. Everything there looks like natural rocks, but if you keep looking you should find actual artifacts.

OP
OP
A

Ariel3

Feb 27, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see similar rocks found elsewhere. Any idea where they can be seen?

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see similar rocks found elsewhere. Any idea where they can be seen?

Would largely depend on the geology of different areas. The types of stone present in that area, as well as conditions that they are/have been exposed too. Pretty much anywhere you can find rocks though, you can find rocks that you can read into them whatever your mind can imagine. All the imagination in the world doesn't change a natural rock into any mysterious manmade relic from antiquity. They're neat rocks, if you enjoy them, collect them. But your approach to ID'ing them as manmade artifacts is little different than picking shapes out of clouds.

OP
OP
A

Ariel3

Feb 27, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for replying. The fact that they are all found in one spot makes nature as the cause of aggregation unlikely. In North American Mythology, by Alexander, it is noted that native Americans regarded stones with religious respect, often keeping them as fetishes and sometimes modifying their appearances. I understand your hesitancy to recognize the reality that someone had to accumulate these stones. Other accompanying tools and artifacts were also found including a trade block of obsidian, and a large block of graphite: Native American materials not found anywhere near my area. All the best.

OP
OP
A

Ariel3

Feb 27, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes my friend. But the author was a reputable historian with real references., which is more than anyone here has offered. What you seem to fail to understand is: these are not practical objects, for the most part. They can only be understood through the POV of religion (to native Americans). Mythology to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread