Georgetown

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Perhaps random squiggles on rocks ? Perhaps just old graffiti (white man's or indians) meaning nothing (I mean, nothing in-so-far as treasure goes).

Do you have pix of these "rock symbols" ?

OP
OP
L

LoveSiberians

Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgteown Otter Creek-pics

Yes - F356CCF85F1611DD.jpg EE6C4C245F1611DD-3.jpg 1693AE18804411DD.jpg

The third picture shows what looks like a skull, however we believe it shows the layout of the canyon. I have more pics, but they are too large to upload I would have to send them gmail or figure a way to downsize them. There is a pic of a huge sun with multiple rays, another with a horseshoe and other marks and 2 more pics.

The carvings are at the end of otter creek ( as you the the path from the trailhead) trail next to the stream. They are worn down now, but we suspect they may be old Spanish.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I suspect that they are meaningless old art & graffiti.

Sibmom

Greenie
Jul 31, 2008
I suspect that they are meaningless old art & graffiti.
The symbols have been deeply carved. There has been a lot of mining/miners in this area over a long long span of time. We were suspecting that they may be very very old - maybe a map made by the early Spanish. If you look a Kenworthy's or Mary Carson's books a lot of these symbols sure do fit. We are just trying to figure or where & how.
So my question is why would anyone take the enormous amount of time it would require to do this just for fun?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread