Georgia by way of Oregon

Logwalker

Dec 27, 2013
land of milk and honey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy! First off, I'd like to thank the many wonderful people who have shared their wealth of knowledge across these forums. Thank you! Well, I was born and raised by an ol' Logger turned Prospector in the Mtns of southwest Oregon. We fell timber, dredged, hard rocked (ball and impact mill) and ate a lot of beans and taters because of it. In fact, we ate beans and taters so often that even a switch to taters and beans was a delicacy. As Dad would say, "we're so broke we couldn't afford a wrestlin' jacket for a piss ant". I dare say we were richer than most in the ways that matter though. Now, I'm all growed up and living in Jawja, but it seems my financial state has improved at the rate of a lame sloth traveling by snow shoes. So, I started reading up on affordable detectors and found a pile of info on this site as well as a few others. Yesterday, I bought my first detector. I picked up a Teknetics Delta 4000 and I'm sure excited to start hunting. Thanks again for all your helpful posts throughout the forum. Happy Hunting and Semper Fi,
Logwalker

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Logwalker! I grew up in Oregon, too, only I live about as far across the state as we could get... the mountains of northeastern Oregon. I was in Georgia when I was in the Army, way back when! I still in the mountains of N.E. Oregon. What are you doing in GA?

OP
OP
L

Logwalker

Dec 27, 2013
land of milk and honey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Economy in Oregon was in the tank when I got out of the Corps in 08. Carved out a living for a few years, but got a job opportunity in Northern Utah and flew the coop. Spent one year there and decided I wasn't cut out for that kind of cold. Theeo's grandma retired to Savannah and we had visited once before and liked it, so we pulled stakes. Theeo = Theeol'lady. Just don't tell her I said that haha. My Dad sent me a video of one of his mining buddies on an amazing find. You should check it out. Just search for Mike Corbley's potato patch. Pretty amazing. Cheers!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from florida.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama and happy hunting to you. Be sure to share your cool finds as well as the things that you learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread