rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Werent the Vikings big or are these bones to ancient to be a Viking?

rockheadhunter421

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that this thread is interesting. I have heard of giants in Cherokee legend for one. Here is a link: JUDACULLAROCK.COM. I have also heard from a person who is Cherokee tell me story of how the Cherokee tribe believes that their first ancestors were giant people and that they could form stones with their bare hands. I'm not sure how truthful that story really could be, but I'm sure there must be a reason why a story like that has been passed down. I'm not sure if it is connected to the Judaculla Rock but it seems like the Cherokee do believe their ancestors were giants. Then, I have heard about a collector, who lives in the Uhwarrie Mtns of NC, and he has artifacts in his basement that would make you believe giants once lived in NC. I have not seen this man's collection yet, but my friend has and he said he believes giants used to be in NC. If I happen to see this collection, I'm going to take some pictures for sure. The reason I do find this interesting is b/c the Cherokee lived in GA also. I'm not sure if there is really a connection but I enjoy hearing Cherokee folklore anyway.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All types of rumors here. The one I like the best is the lost NA Indian gold. It is told that its in the area where I have permission to hunt but so far nothing but Im looking.

OP
OP
Red Earth

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
No rock, these people were suppose to have been an extremely ancient race. The stories surround the culture of the native north Americans.
Extremely large humans have been found complete with shield and sword and bought up by private collectors. This wouldn't be THAT strange, but when they are found by blasting teams 100 and more feet deep, it certainly raises some questions.
They find axe heads that weigh 30, 40, 50 pounds. I'm a very large man, I'm 6'4 and weigh around 300 lbs., my hands looks like catchers mitts. I have more natural strength and power then anyone I personally know and I can tell you that I wouldn't have much use for an axe head of that weight. The best I ever heard it put went like this, " if giants aren't real, I sure wish they'd quite leaving there stuff everywhere." Simple and true.

rockheadhunter421

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another link of some Cherokee legends. There is even one for the "Slant-eyed Giant." I found a few of these interesting so I figured I would share them here anyway (I'm going to bookmark this for my own reference later). Myths of the Cherokee

Last edited:

jeramme

Nov 11, 2010
MN
Fongu...you're grandmother sounds amazing....I sometimes wonder if every generation is kind of like laundry and fades a little with each washing?? My dad always used to say..."It's not the size of the dog in the fight....it's the size of the fight in the dog" ....anywayz...not sure about giants....but have always wondered...if the animals were bigger...why not the people....all the best!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Jeramme. Each generation seems to get weaker than the older generation. When I was a small boy I thought if I ever get big as my Grandmother, I'll be a big man. By the time I was twelve, I had to bend down to hug her when we visited, but I always looked up to her until the day she passed at age 83 and was honored to be one of her pallbearers. Small in physical stature, but large in character, love and integrity. She had a hard life, but was content. Mama has her strength but she now is 83 and very ill. These two women shaped my life and kept me on the right path. Happy Easter everybody...

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I love reading early accounts of people who interacted with the Natives. In George Catlin's book "North American Indians" (Letter - No.38, Fort Gibson, Arkansas), he remarked of the Osage indians " The Osages may justly be said to be the tallest race of men in North America, either of red or white skins; there being very few indeed of the men, at their full growth, who are less than six feet in stature, and very many of them six and a half, and others seven feet".

When you take into account that most other natives at the time were around 5' or just a little taller...7' could easily be considered a giant by their standards

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are many stories of Native Americans being tall. The Spaniards routinely reported many of the Florida natives being 6-7 feet tall. Still these are not the giants that have been found in many of the mounds. These were truly gigantic 7-10 feet with massive skulls that all accounts say would easily fit over the head of a large man. Common were skulls with double rows of teeth. Many were found wearing armor and in stone crypts. Some still had hair attached that often was red in color. More questions than answers for sure. They were found all across the continent from the Channel Islands to the Atlantic coast states. Hundred of old newspapers reported these many finds and scores were taken by the Smithsonian, so where are the skeletons today and why no mention of them in text books?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread