Georgia

diverwannabe

Apr 1, 2006
Poulsbo, WA
I live in SC where the halves at the banks are pretty scarce. Right now I am in Minnesota, and I have no problems finding halves around. I don't know how many banks I came out of carrying 1000.00 in halves. The banks in SC have never been willing to sell me their coins out of their change machines, but most banks around here tend to do it. If you ever have the opportunity to buy coins straight from their coin counters I suggest you do it! The only draw back (if you consider it a drawback) is sometimes you find foreign coins and stuff like carwash tokens hehe.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's why I have been hesitant to buy halves from the coin counting machines. I bought a few bags of pennies and always came out ahead due to the random nickel/dime/quarter that got sorted in. Usually $1-$5/bag up since it dimes and quarters add up quickly compared to pennies.

A quick 2-10% profit on most penny bags.

The couple of nickel bags I have gotten have been both up and down, probably a wash since their were occasionnally pennies mixed in.

Just curious, have you ever checked how much you gained or lost on the half dollar bags by just counting the coins at face value?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread