German Vase

owleyes

Jul 3, 2015
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local church TS and found a nice glazed piece of pottery, about 7” tall. Definitely hand thrown. There is a number 7 and Germany mark on the bottom, but the potters mark is harder to make out. It looks like two shepherds hooks crossed, with six pointed stars, in a circle. 50% off, so only $2.50[emoji39] Please let me know if you recognize the maker!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563549797.083310.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563549816.846739.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking piece

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice piece! :icon_thumleft:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many ceramic artists are not listed, as there's probably more than a hundred thousand of them working today. It easier to find info on the makers that mass produced their art. That's a heck of a deal for that piece though. I will buy ceramic art if there's something odd and unique in the design, as some of those will sell pretty well. Anything that's Mod and Odd I guess I call them. I bought this oddly glazed orb looking piece once for a dollar at a yard sale. I found nothing on the signature, but it got hooked between two bidders in a bidding war and sold close to $300. Those bidders may have known what I had or they just like the look of it. IDK :dontknow: but I was sure pleased with what it sold for.

OP
OP
owleyes

owleyes

Jul 3, 2015
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks @tamrock! I enjoy researching signatures/stamps but this piece has me stumped. I wonder what made your orb so popular? I always think back to a story I heard about a woman who sold a rare bottle for $1600 or so and was later told it was worth $60k...by the guy who bought it for $1600. Could you imagine???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions