Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to dig deeper into your pockets to buy gas as early as next month. :help:

I dusted off the ol' crystal ball and found out that gas will be $4./gal before April.. I bet it'll hit near $5/gal by Labor Day.

Right now I'm in the process of corning the market on siphon hoses.. I might as well make a buck while I can. I figure with gas prices that high, Peter, will surely be robbing Paul, and anyone else for that matter. :laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Spart,Why spend the money on a hose,they will just punch a hole in the tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!Glad I only hunt a 6 mile radius. God Bless Chris

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets team up Spart
you get the hoses, I will get some gas cans.

geez, darn diesel is more than gas here and I just bought a 34 gal. tank diesel. kill me.

well, hmm......let me set back, think about what I can live without, cause I will have to be cancelling or doing something to offset that high gas prices. No other way to survive I guess....hmmm....----nope, can't think of a darn thing I want to give up. I in trouble :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a diesel years ago too, when it was cheaper than regular.. AS soon as I got the car the price of fuel went up :laughing7: My car has a 25 gal tank and costs just under $100 to fill it.. AT least I'll get 500 miles to the tankful.

I also predict most vacationers will not be traveling far out of their neighborhoods :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since we camp truly the rates are cheap. My state park and campsite are dead on the beach. I walk no farther than going to a mailbox to hit the ocean. $26 per night. The campground in the tourist area (private) just raised rates to $76. per night. OW
but the hotels are like $329 per night per room. bigger ow.

on my big truck they said 15-18 miles per gal. if I can get that, I will be singing a happy song for sure. my 13 yr old truck was dropping mileage per gal. heck when we pulled the camper we were in the 8-10 range. sucked big time...had to go.

but instead of buying, I still like the hose and gas can idea! :)

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might want to check out: http//www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-gas-20120218.0.78.999.39.story

seems exports of refined fuel (that would be diesel and gas)for the week of 2-20-2012 are up 42.6 percent over 2011 or up 80.? over the same time frame.

So it would seem no matter how much we drill baby drill or build a tar sand pipeline through the middle of the country, there will be no relief in sight for our wallets. Them gas companies gotta make some serious dinero ya know.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read on the net that the hoopla is overblown.
they said it won't go into the 4s....more like $3.79-89 and hold

hmmm...all depends on what ya read :laughing7:

well I like what I read...no 4s makes me happy for gas...diesel is into the 4s already...it best slow down

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
to dig deeper into your pockets to buy gas as early as next month. :help:

I dusted off the ol' crystal ball and found out that gas will be $4./gal before April.. I bet it'll hit near $5/gal by Labor Day.

Right now I'm in the process of corning the market on siphon hoses.. I might as well make a buck while I can. I figure with gas prices that high, Peter, will surely be robbing Paul, and anyone else for that matter. :laughing7:
Better get a case of breath mints, Gas leaves a bad aftertaste.. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest said:
you might want to check out: http//www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-gas-20120218.0.78.999.39.story

seems exports of refined fuel (that would be diesel and gas)for the week of 2-20-2012 are up 42.6 percent over 2011 or up 80.? over the same time frame.

So it would seem no matter how much we drill baby drill or build a tar sand pipeline through the middle of the country, there will be no relief in sight for our wallets. Them gas companies gotta make some serious dinero ya know.

If only we could drill baby drill! Or build a pipeline.It would definitely help, as the speculation would show more flowing oil. But then the tax you pay on a gallon also makes a huge dent in your wallet. Them bureaucrats gotta make some serious dinero you know!

"Under my idea of cap and trade energy prices would necessarily skyrocket", (just so you know we remember the statement).

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is that what is happening with gas prices dave? or is it the fact that speculation is driving the cost higher? or is it the fact that more jet fuel, diesel and gas are being exported than ever before?

I might have missed the date cap and trade became a law or protocol of the United States of America. Would you kindly fill me in with what I missed?

thanks buddy. :hello:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest said:
is that what is happening with gas prices dave? or is it the fact that speculation is driving the cost higher? or is it the fact that more jet fuel, diesel and gas are being exported than ever before?

I might have missed the date cap and trade became a law or protocol of the United States of America. Would you kindly fill me in with what I missed?

thanks buddy. :hello:

No problem buddy. "You said speculation" is driving up the cost.. so you answered that part yourself, thanks! Analyze your thoughts before you type them out. I believe I said that speculation would drive down the price if the flow of oil was not squelched. Or show that the future would produce more.

Finally if you cannot get it through as law then you can administrate it. You can squelch drilling in the gulf and get the rigs transported elsewhere. You can make offshore drilling off limits. You can say that a 2 or 3 year study on the environmental impact of a pipeline has not had enough studies and that you will not allow it. You Might tell Brazil that we will fund exploration of their oilfields and allow them to access anything near us, and even tell them that we want to be their biggest customer.

You need to pay attention buddy.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest said:
has any of that happened in the past 6 months, or is it all speculation. thanks for the prompt reply buddy. :icon_sunny:

You can lead a horse to water, buddy.
And you are welcome.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kinda maybe thinking along these lines:

http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/04/13/174989/sachs-speculators-gas-prices/

or http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/9308-xl-pipeline-oil-chief-threatens-obama

or maybe this: http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/0...ma-admin-over-clean-96759.html?pagewanted=all

they both have a lot to say about water, but only if you like drinking clean water. :dontknow:

it's no longer a matter of supply and demand here in the good ol U.S. of A. , gas and related products are a globally driven market and with China coming on line with their middle class bubble, you can bet we won't be getting the good prices any longer. As far as sand tars and shale oils, they are the dirtiest oils to refine so availability will not insure lower prices due to the after measures that have to be done to make them usable.

I ran across an interesting fact the other day. Were you aware that the U. S. military is the worlds largest consumer of oil products? In all forms. I wasn't aware of that.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought our military might be,, thanks.
Water is another way to control you, Wait till the EPA and administration get into that regulation. But hopefully you have your own well, when prices of energy go high enough municipal water will also skyrocket. And you will not afford driving to a restaurant either.

I will read these reports when I get a chance, But if you brought them here they are obviously tainted. And as we can see they are all from the most liberal quack jobs on the net. Post some real unbiased reports please. I always tire of propaganda.

Keep showing us how much you care Davest!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to post some reports from the API but thought they might be a bit slanted too. Maybe you have a few that I can peruse at my leisure?

Thanks again for your insightful post buddy. :hello2:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well your secretary of state says Al Jazeera is a credible news source too. Why haven't you included the research they do?

Thanks for your input, buddy.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, buddy. It's because AlJezeera says it has something to do with the political turmoil in Libya and Iran shutting off the flow of their oil. But I wouldn't quote them on that.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems when gas was 3.50 it was all Bush's fault, according to you. Now it is not Bush or Cheney, but it is the big bad free market? Your actual knowledge is very shallow.
You have no Idea what you are talking about,Davest, but you continue to read your talking points. Nothing I could say or teach you would change your mind.. this is the problem with your side,, and all we can do is show that.

In a sense, you have won. Being shrill does have its advantages I guess. But I am too bored with you to argue further. Good day, Buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions