Get Your Flag Ready

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
The following is a copy of an email I got about a movement across the U.S.ofA about flying the flag on 9/11

I have forewarded it and by putting it on here, it will have a terrific outreach.

It goes as follows....

Subject: 9/11/10- Fly the flag

GET YOUR FLAG READY!

Please join us in this 'FLY THE FLAG' campaign and PLEASE foreward this Email immediately to everyone in
your address book asking them to also foreward it. If you foreward this email to 10 people and each of them
do the same thing....you get the idea.

THE PROGRAM:

On Saturday, September 11th, 2010, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office,
and store in the United States. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American Flag on this ninth
anniversary of one of our country's worst tragedies. We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11,
their families, friends, and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home
and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the
incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our
patriotism pulled us through some times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our
American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan:

So, here's what we need to do....

(1) Foreward this email to everyone you know (at least 10 people). Please don't be the one to break this chain.
Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year round, but if you don't,
then please try to make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You.

and

God Bless America!!!!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thank you, DigginThePast, for that positive statement. :thumbsup:

Ray

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
I've never been on Facebook. Don't really know much about it. But you are right it would reach a lot of people. But there
might already be someone on there that is passing it along. This is getting pretty widespread.

Ray

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Not big on "International flag etiquette" in the states are ya? lol.

I'm all for a show of "American solidarity" and flag flying for 9/11...it's just sad in my opinion that people feel they HAVE to send this stuff out to make it happen!
I see it as pointless, as in my experience if an American breaks a fingernail then 10 more will fly flags for it! 9/11 is such a significant and recent date that anyone who doesn't show some kind of support for it should be ashamed really! People shouldn't have their email boxes barraged with this stuff.
What gets me is these people just say "fly the flag"! When in reality it should be "fly the flag at half mast"!...if it's really about remembering the victims. ("half mast" is considered 1x the flags width (top to bottom,not side to side) from the top of the pole..not actually halfway down.)

A countrywide mass of flags would be a show of pride..which basically you can show any time..while a countrywide mass of flags at "half mast" would get the true message across more ,while showing the victims families that their loved ones arn't forgotten. It's more powerful.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Dano Sverige, Ok, I agree that they should be flown at half-mast in remembrance of the victims, but some people,
like me, do not have the tall mast type flagpoles. The flag is flown on a short staff that fits into a bracket mounted
somewhere on their house or tree in the front yard.

I do definitely agree that the flag should be flown year-round, but with human nature as it is and the fast pace of
modern day living, people tend to get a little lax on flying the flag, but that does not mean they are not mean they
are not patriotic. Therefore I do not think it is pointless to rev up a little patriotism in people by encouraging the
flying of our country" flag. Especially with the 9/11 date approaching.

Thank you for your reply.

Ray

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our flags are out, they have been out ever since 9/11, and when they are worn out, we will get new, and properly take care of the old ones!!!!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not tall enough to reach where Jeff put the holder and I want a pole back use to have one in front of the house an I would always use it!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
You are right, Tee. and I sincerely hope and pray that on our next election we get a president and a congress to
back him up that will have enough backbone to try to set things right again and work toward making it one country
UNDER GOD. That will be a tough job after all the things that have been done to destroy our rights and freedoms
as US citizens.

Granny, If I lived close enough to you, I would be proud to do that for you, but maybe you can get a relative or
a friend to do it for you.

Chug and Red and Gator Flea, That is great. This country needs a lot more like you folks. :thumbsup:

And yes, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Thank you for all your nice replies.

Ray

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to fly our colors every day but sometimes forget to take it in at night. Today I will be purchasing a solar powered spot to illuminate our flag at night.

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
Dano Sverige said:
Not big on "International flag etiquette" in the states are ya? lol.

I'm all for a show of "American solidarity" and flag flying for 9/11...it's just sad in my opinion that people feel they HAVE to send this stuff out to make it happen!
I see it as pointless, as in my experience if an American breaks a fingernail then 10 more will fly flags for it! 9/11 is such a significant and recent date that anyone who doesn't show some kind of support for it should be ashamed really! People shouldn't have their email boxes barraged with this stuff.
What gets me is these people just say "fly the flag"! When in reality it should be "fly the flag at half mast"!...if it's really about remembering the victims. ("half mast" is considered 1x the flags width (top to bottom,not side to side) from the top of the pole..not actually halfway down.)

A countrywide mass of flags would be a show of pride..which basically you can show any time..while a countrywide mass of flags at "half mast" would get the true message across more ,while showing the victims families that their loved ones arn't forgotten. It's more powerful.

I fly the flag everyday, goes up at dawn, taken down at sunset and folded PROPERLY. Although, in a rebellious manner I fly the original thirteen colonies flag and the Gadsden.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Gadsden (1).jpg
    Gadsden (1).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
GopherDaGold, Yup, I know what you mean. That happens to me, too occasionally, like if we go away in the afternoon
and don't home until after dark. That solar powered spot you mentioned would be pretty nice to have.

BttlDiggerDrew, I like them. Although I've seen plenty pictures of that Gadsden, I don't think I have ever seen one flying.
If I did, I didn't notice it for what it was.

Thank you all, for your nice replies. And here is a bit of information that you might not know.

About the Colors.

Red...stands for hardiness and courage.

White....is the symbol of purity and innocence.

Blue...is the color of vigilance, perseverance, and justice.

Ray

BttleDiggerDrew

Aug 12, 2010
Rockland County, NY
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
He sure was. Those were both great replies. Thank you

Enjoyed the John Wayne video.

Ray

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Nothing like a chain email to remind people to be American >:(

Fly your flag year round. :hello2:

"dont be the one who breaks the chain" ::) How can you take anything that has those words in it seriously?

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks again, tee.

Jeff, When you are talking about flying our country's flag, it should be taken seriously, no matter how it is written.

Thank you for your reply.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread