geting started on coin roll hunting and metal detecting any tips?

monkeyman2119

Mar 30, 2011
mason city iowa
Detector(s) used
treasure hunter navigator pluss
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
k so im just geting started on metal detecting and coin roll hunting and i read the beginers tips on each but is there any secrets not posted in them and any good places for metal detecting in iowa?? and where do i sell coins and good finds dont know if we have any coin colecters in my town or near it and dont trust mailling to many bad experinces with mailling stuff.

(sorry spelling is horible :read2: )

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Welcome to T-net !!!

About the best answer is to just read all you can and make your best call.

LOTS of knowledge here, I learn something new every day.

Have Fun. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

monkeyman2119

Mar 30, 2011
mason city iowa
Detector(s) used
treasure hunter navigator pluss
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NaturalJWL said:
Welcome to T-net !!!

About the best answer is to just read all you can and make your best call.

LOTS of knowledge here, I learn something new every day.

Have Fun. :icon_thumright:

thank you havent been out there yet reading up on the laws first and where to get permison for hunting but will soon ill post any good finds

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
monkeyman2119,
Spell checker is at the bottom of the posting page.

I think coin roll hunting is discussed at that topic site. I know I've read a couple and the folks have done fairly well going to banks, purchasing rolls and getting a good silver count. People do strange things with "real money", IE - silver coins, when times get hard.

Metal detecting - you have one, I've no idea of how good it is but read the manual, build a test garden of different buried metal objects including coins and practice. That is the best way to begin. Then go out into the real world and test your abilities.

Good Luck........63bkpkr

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you're going about it in the right manner thus far. I agree with the PRACTICE tip! I believe that other than respecting laws, property owners, etc. you should just have fun learning about history, getting familiar with your equipment and making some interesting finds. I personally enjoy the history that I learn about while researching sites. The internet is great for research. You can find old maps and photos, use sattelite views like google earth or even talk with older people who might remember certain things about local history. As for coin roll hunting; I think you'll find alot of helpful tips in that section of T-net! I've never done it but, from reading through posts I think it's pretty much hit or miss. I am definately no expert but, keep at it and have fun. Happy hunting! ~JEREMY~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread