rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used the M6, but you might check out and do some reading on the Sovereign GT.

It is the land version of the ML Excal. You cant get it wet, but it works very well in the wet salt sand and in the water at the shoreline of the salt water beaches.
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/sovgt.htm

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Wet sand and a little salt water will be OK. Black sand and some beach replenishing techniques will shut you down. If there is black sand, PI will be the only way to go IMHO.

Daryl

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the ML Excal and the Sovereign handle the black sand well on beaches here that I have been on.

I use both and so far there has been no problems with either. If you use a PI here on our beaches you will be digging a lot of holes to China for bobby pins and tiny pieces of iron. I have seen several hunters do it. On clean beaches they are great, but on beaches around here there are a lot of tiny pieces of iron, bobby pins and nails from docks and structures tore up by the hurricanes.

For me, life is too short to waste it digging those holes, besides I can't see the bikinis from the bottom of those holes ;)

OP
OP
R

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Tis a difficult choice,i have my prizmIII but want a good, deep detector, I looked at some fishers,but kinda got leary of them after reading about poor service from them, I looked at a minelab, but i dont have a dealer close to me andI like to get hands on.....the local guy here only sells whites and tesoro detectors, which I havent really checked out but here good things about them, the m6 looks like a great detector so far

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if you looked on here, you could find someone fairly close to you who could give you a demo on one. It was only a suggestion, not trying to stear you to Sovereign, only that I know it works very well on the beach and have read good things for it on the land hunting.

Either way good luck and good hunting.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
The M6 appears to be a good detector for a do all. Although, I like what I hear about Tesoro, only I do not have a dealer close to check them out. I don't think you can go wrong with the M6, but like I say, I would like to check out Tesoro, too.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
im sure you would be happy with the m6 never heard anything bad about them, are you talking fresh water or salt beaches? read the m6 didwell on both

R

robert roy

Go to www.losttreasure.com
and click on field tests. They have some well done reports on WHites M6 AND the MXT. Personally I think the MXT is the way to go, but you'll befine with the M6.

Losttreasure.com is a great resource. CHeck it out.
rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread