GETTING BACK INTO DETECTING

SNDMN59

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2008
I have not detected for 20 years or so. I lived in a small rural Il . area , that was famous for transporting slaves underground to the rail road . The tunntl was blocked off but found a lot off broken relics . about a mile up i found a cival war dump but it was so full of overbrush . But now .there is new homes being built in that area . But there is a creek with about 4 inches of water that leads back to the dump site. I have not been back in there for about 15 years .About 20 miles south was a old confederate prison camp , part of the walls are there but the rest of it was made into a parking lot , it is about a mile from the Mississippi river.
Well i have been maarid for 4 years , have told my wife about my younger days
Now she wants to get into it, so we are going Sat. to buy a new whites detector.
now i live in the St. Charles area about 20 miles from the the prison camp in mo. and about 60 miles from the first site, my family lives in the small town, so we go
up there alot. Any advise or suggestions? we are about 20 miles north of St. Louis area . Is there any good sites in the St. Charles to start out again and helping my wife. We have had severe flooding but the water is going down.
Glad i found this site , it is really going to help us !
SANDMAN59

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread