Getting back into the hobby after 15 years

DEK1

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2011
Been away from the hobby for the past 15 years and decided that I wanted to get me another machine so I bought a used F70 yesterday. My last detector was a CZ7a and it was a great machine so I assume that the new detectors that are out now must be much more advanced than they were 15 years ago. Can't wait to get it out in the field and try it out. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good purchase. Be good to be back in the hobby again. Cheers! :hello2:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be sure to post your finds!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DEK,

Welcome to TreasureNet, and looking forward to your posts.............

Good luck and good hunting..... :icon_thumright:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The F70 can't compete with the CZ's for depth but you will shortly learn how to distinguish targets using the F70 much more easily than with the CZ.

Just got back from the sidewalk tearouts across town, one no date SLQ, two mercs, on IH, several wheats, nice ornate old no-longer-plated spoon, watch parts aplenty and a nice 10 cent tavern token among some pins, buttons, horse tack, etc. over the last 24 hours/

Much of it mixed in with iron in the form of nails in every size and angle. Gonna go back over there with my CZ5 in about an hour to see how many nails I can dig now. Don't get me wrong, I use both rigs at such a site because they both have advantages over each other.

Just get that 5" coil and hit those trashy sites you left behind with the CZ, you'll be impressed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions