Getting back into the hobby

digger42071

Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Master Hunter 7
Coin master 6DB
I use to hunt relics and coins with my father back in the 70s and 80s. I loved it. Sometimes my uncle hunted with us.

Now I have have my own family and wanted to get back into the hobby. My son was with me when I got out a MH 7 and looked around in Moms yard. I found 2 Wheat pennies which excited him. He's been bugging me about getting him a detector. I was at a flea market a vender was selling new Whites Coinmaster so I bought him one. I also picked up a Ace 250 off the net. Now I have have 4 detectors. Garrett Master Hunter 7 Whites 6db and the new Ace250 and Coinmaster.

I also got a Garrett pro pointer plus a pointer which came with the Ace 250 plus headphones digging tools. Etc. I didn't have the pointers back in the day and think will make life easier.

Playing with these new detectors I can say wow. Lol. I was good a ground balancing the older detectors I have but these do that them self. I'm excited about trying out these new detectors. Don't know if they are better than my old ones but sure are lighter and user friendly.

I live in West Ky now and would like people to hunt with. PM me if interested.

Michael

Upvote 0

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck to you. My first machine was an Ace 250. I loved it. It's an incredible detector for the price. Pro pointer will save you time and back pain, good choice there.

OP
OP
D

digger42071

Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Master Hunter 7
Coin master 6DB
Here is the gear I have:

2wem1og.jpg

2utnocn.jpg

14vp455.jpg

Some of the stuff came with the detectors I bought. The Coinmaster and Ace250 I just bought a week ago. The 6db and MH7 I had for years. They still work and find stuff.

bulrush

Mar 13, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am also getting back into the hobby after resting for about 5 years. I just got a Garret Pinpointer too and am looking forward to using it in the spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions