Getting paranoid... Golden Silver, do you have room in the jail for me too?

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
My dump bank tellers started acting very weird on me yesterday when I went to dump halves.

Previously I had filled out the forms to deposit it and immediately withdraw those funds but was told it was not necessary and for several months now they have just counted out the cash and handed it to me.

Today the teller insisted on writing out the forms and deposit slips. My first indication something was up.

The second was he seemed very intent on doing this EXACTLY by the book. He checked my account info 4 times and counted the money 3 times by hand and 2 more times with the cash counting machine before handing it to me.

Following my own advice, I tell the truth when asked where I get my coins and what I am doing. Most of the time I am vague, but I never lie about it and when/if pressed, I always tell them I am a coin collector. At this bank, I have been asked those standard questions many times and they have pretty much stopped trying to solicit information from me as I always say the same thing. This same teller has already asked me and been told the truth, yet today he had to ask me again. He seemed to not really even care what I said as if my response wasn't for his ears anyway.

I was already getting nervous about the strange treatment and this sent my "spidy senses" into overdrive.

I also noticed a man standing behind my teller pretending to work on something. He seemed very innocuous there, but I noticed that all the other tellers would scurry past him with out so much as smiling or looking up, which is very out of place for this bank. Usually they seem to (at least pretend to) get along well with pretty much everybody and it is not uncommon at all for a teller to greet every other teller with a smile and a hello pretty much all day long, yet none of them even acknowledged this fellow trying so had to not be noticed as he stood directly behind my teller.

There was no line so I didn't feel rushed to make room for the next customer. I picked a sucker out of the candy jar and made small talk with my teller, all the while watching the guy stand behind him. This guy just stood there, half bent over staring blankly into a cabinet that he was supposed to be pretending to be working on something I guess. Not once in the 20 minutes I had been in there had he actually done anything but stare into that cabinet...

As I walked out I expected to see him trying to casually walk up behind me but he didn't. He did stand up and start talking to my teller as I saw this in the mirrored doors just before I exited the bank.

Once outside I stopped to talk to the security guard who seemed thoroughly bored and at least a little relieved to have someone at least say hey to him. Afterward I slowly walked to my car and got in. I kept expecting to see some goons in bad suits walking up to me but it never happened.

I cranked the car up and sat there for another minute at least, waiting on something to happen. Nothing ever did.

I keep telling myself that maybe the teller just had a wild hair up his behind or something and the guy standing back there was just some technician but I cant help but wonder if something is up and I get to enjoy six months of some dumb ass rummaging through my trash and checking my internet usage and phone records.

Upvote 0

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy in the back a district manager or someone from hiring/training dept. All the tellers wanted to be by the book to make their bank look good. Thats my thoughts.

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
alpha105 said:
Guy in the back a district manager or someone from hiring/training dept. All the tellers wanted to be by the book to make their bank look good. Thats my thoughts.

I sure hope you are right.

That does make sense.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hey Placerman,
Did you happen to see any flying Saucers over your house when you got home? Only kidding! Remember, (1) you are not breaking any laws. (2) You are having fun with the hobby called "Coin Collecting". Period...That's it! Stop seeing little green people behind the vault door. Now go out and enjoy yourself coin roll hunting!
rileyboy

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Placerman, Welcome to the dark side of the hobbie. You now feel my pain a little. I would say for sure you have tripped their trigger and that man behind your teller was there to pick up any leads or inconsistancies. Like in my story the guys who questioned me new that I changed my story. They new how I carried my half dollars and where I dumped etc. The guys who questioned me knew where I lived and worked and took photos and went through my trash. The good thing about this is that you are in the know. You can be watching out for them if they are not on this site that is. I don't believe they are looking for anything other than to see if your activities are supporting some illegal or possible terrorist activities. Be sure that they have tapped into your accounts. Be sure they know where you spend your money and any trips you have taken etc. I was paranoid big time after this happened. If they know that you know then I would expect some questioning fairly soon. I would not change anything. Keep on going about your business and tell the truth!! There is that law of taking out more than 10,000 on the repeated basis or just below 10,000 so as to not alert the system. Just be aware of that. They showed it to me and made me sign it. In the document, it said that the crime is punishable up to 10 yrs in Federal prison and that they could confiscate your goods to help with investigation. Scary. Let me know how this turns out for you.

Golden Silver

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
had the same thing happen to me at my dump bank. for months they just counted the cash and handed it to me. then one day they said i had to fill out deposit and withdrawal slips. i told them i would do it no problem, but if they were just doing it to create a paper trail that could cause me problems with the tax man that i was going to subpoena everyone from the bank to explain it all. now when i get my monthly statement from my dump bank it looks like i am some kind of criminal.......depositing over 50,000.00 a month and withdrawing the same amount.

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
rileyboy said:
Hey Placerman,
Did you happen to see any flying Saucers over your house when you got home? Only kidding! Remember, (1) you are not breaking any laws. (2) You are having fun with the hobby called "Coin Collecting". Period...That's it! Stop seeing little green people behind the vault door. Now go out and enjoy yourself coin roll hunting!
rileyboy

Easy for you to say.

I know this is 100% legal.

Please go back and read about the hell Golden Silver went through earlier this year. I know most people probably have forgotten about it but I haven't....

To tell you the truth I would rather see little green people behind the door. Cops give me the creeps...

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Had one teller after nth degree questioning at a dump Bank come out and got tag number of car. Homeland inSecurity is very strict & threatening as far as Bank Tellers obligations to report activities and has criminal penalties for them if they do not report.

We are in for some very rude awakenings now that the HCR is certain to be passed, the new Healthcare bureaucracy will be directly tied to ALL Bank accounts- we ALL will be required to pay payroll tax weekly and if you do not make enough it will be autodebited from your Bank account(s).

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its legal and you are doing nothing wrong. I have been asked on occasion if I am dumping dollar coins in the machines because I think they are cracking down on the mint direct ship program which was filling up machines all around. When asked I just say I collect coins and thats all they need to know. If the SS pulls me into a room, I will tell them the same thing. I have nothing to hide.
I think my paranoia comes from seeing who is around that might rob me. I really dont worry about men in suits and bank managers. I worry about the two dudes standing at the door looking at my car or the berly guy sitting in his car next to me.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
placerman said:
My dump bank tellers started acting very weird on me yesterday when I went to dump halves.

Previously I had filled out the forms to deposit it and immediately withdraw those funds but was told it was not necessary and for several months now they have just counted out the cash and handed it to me.

Today the teller insisted on writing out the forms and deposit slips. My first indication something was up.

The second was he seemed very intent on doing this EXACTLY by the book. He checked my account info 4 times and counted the money 3 times by hand and 2 more times with the cash counting machine before handing it to me.

Following my own advice, I tell the truth when asked where I get my coins and what I am doing. Most of the time I am vague, but I never lie about it and when/if pressed, I always tell them I am a coin collector. At this bank, I have been asked those standard questions many times and they have pretty much stopped trying to solicit information from me as I always say the same thing. This same teller has already asked me and been told the truth, yet today he had to ask me again. He seemed to not really even care what I said as if my response wasn't for his ears anyway.

I was already getting nervous about the strange treatment and this sent my "spidy senses" into overdrive.

I also noticed a man standing behind my teller pretending to work on something. He seemed very innocuous there, but I noticed that all the other tellers would scurry past him with out so much as smiling or looking up, which is very out of place for this bank. Usually they seem to (at least pretend to) get along well with pretty much everybody and it is not uncommon at all for a teller to greet every other teller with a smile and a hello pretty much all day long, yet none of them even acknowledged this fellow trying so had to not be noticed as he stood directly behind my teller.

There was no line so I didn't feel rushed to make room for the next customer. I picked a sucker out of the candy jar and made small talk with my teller, all the while watching the guy stand behind him. This guy just stood there, half bent over staring blankly into a cabinet that he was supposed to be pretending to be working on something I guess. Not once in the 20 minutes I had been in there had he actually done anything but stare into that cabinet...

As I walked out I expected to see him trying to casually walk up behind me but he didn't. He did stand up and start talking to my teller as I saw this in the mirrored doors just before I exited the bank.

Once outside I stopped to talk to the security guard who seemed thoroughly bored and at least a little relieved to have someone at least say hey to him. Afterward I slowly walked to my car and got in. I kept expecting to see some goons in bad suits walking up to me but it never happened.

I cranked the car up and sat there for another minute at least, waiting on something to happen. Nothing ever did.

I keep telling myself that maybe the teller just had a wild hair up his behind or something and the guy standing back there was just some technician but I cant help but wonder if something is up and I get to enjoy six months of some dumb ass rummaging through my trash and checking my internet usage and phone records.

Placerman,
I'm a firm believer in going with your gut feeling. If you sense that something is wrong, it probably is. You obviously noticed more than you can articulate.
CRHing is not against the law...yet. So you have nothing to worry about except worrying.
Educate yourself,on the law, and your rights. Armed with this information, if confronted, you can politely but firmly tell whoever to .... off.
We only travel down this path once,wheather your a garbage picker or a CEO, act,and carry yourself like the CEO's boss.
HH
Rich

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
placerman said:
rileyboy said:

Cops give me the creeps...
what? now i am offended

Wait a minute, I knew there was something about SC..... :D

Haha, I dont think its cops you have to worry about. Its the Secret Service, DHS, or FBI...

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had to do it, this is my 1000th post!!!! You should feel honored placerman! ;)

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
silvercop said:
placerman said:
rileyboy said:
what? now i am offended

silvercop, Ive had some pretty raw deals with the local constabulary.

I have an ex wife who gets her kicks calling the cops and reporting her children kidnapped. The only problem is I have full custody of my kids. Last time she did that they were waiting for me outside a Walmart and when I opened my door to get in the car, they yanked me out and threw me on the ground and put a gun to my head, all the while telling my kids to stay put.

After my kids showed them the court order giving me custody they just got off of me and left. No apologies or anything, just me laying face down in the walmart parking lot, with soiled pants and 100 people standing around me watching...

This is by no means whatsoever the worst thing they have ever done to me or tried to do here.

So yes cops give me the creeps.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
We only travel down this path once,wheather your a garbage picker or a CEO, act,and carry yourself like the CEO's boss.
HH
Rich
[/quote]

Placerman you have started a firestorm now. I bet this thread gets over a hundred responses easy. LOL. Rich love the words my friend.

Golden Silver

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
placerman said:
silvercop said:
placerman said:
rileyboy said:
what? now i am offended

silvercop, Ive had some pretty raw deals with the local constabulary.

I have an ex wife who gets her kicks calling the cops and reporting her children kidnapped. The only problem is I have full custody of my kids. Last time she did that they were waiting for me outside a Walmart and when I opened my door to get in the car, they yanked me out and threw me on the ground and put a gun to my head, all the while telling my kids to stay put.

After my kids showed them the court order giving me custody they just got off of me and left. No apologies or anything, just me laying face down in the walmart parking lot, with soiled pants and 100 people standing around me watching...

This is by no means whatsoever the worst thing they have ever done to me or tried to do here.

So yes cops give me the creeps.

Sounds like you need to get the police force, and ur wife on a harrassment lawsuit. They should have this on record by now and if they dont they are just not doing their job checking the backround information before they attempt to make an arrest.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
Obamacare......it is going to get ya

Not before I can die. There will be a whole black market of healthcare pop up out of this. Just wait and see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions