Getting re-acquainted....

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
I'm not really 'new' here, but have returned after a long absence, so thought I would reintroduce myself briefly.

My name is Tabetha, but most people call me Marcie. Tabetha is usually reserved for my grandmother and bill collectors!! I am just-turned 40 years young, and live in Saluda, SC. I am a rockhounding, coin-collecting, metal-detecting Mama of 2 young ladies and Grandma to a 9-month-old grandson.

I had only recently joined and started posting a couple of years ago, when life threw me a series of monkey wrenches, starting with a computer crash which left me internet-less, then a back injury which left me laid up most of last spring and summer, then I went back to college to finally finish my degree in Business Management I had started on a few years ago, while also working full-time....

Now, however, I am done with my degree, done with the full-time job because I found part-time with better pay and hours, and BACK to treasure hunting!!

My first big foray: a trip to Franklin, NC, for my 40th birthday on July 5th. We arrived on the 4th and watched the fireworks, then got up early on the 5th and headed for Mason's Ruby and Sapphire Mine. We didn't find anything big, but we did find a wealth of knowledge from a very sweet lady there who found almost 200 carats of sapphires that day!! The tips she shared will stay with me forever, and that was a truly priceless birthday gift. I also won a raffle for a Tiger's Eye cab. Pretty li'l birthday memento....

On the 6th, we went creeking in the Franklin area, and bought a $30 bag of dirt from Mason's Mtn. Mine to take home. I was enormously pleased with the variety and amount of gems in that bag, as were my nieces and nephews. I sent them home with over 50 stones, and still felt like I had my money's worth and then some left for me!!

Now, I have infected my family with the gemstone bug. My parents, my brother, my niece, and I are returning to Franklin next week to check out some other mines. :-)

So.... Hi, again! It's good to be back.... I am off to read up on what I have missed!

pastorals

Jul 12, 2011
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to T-Net ... from E. Tennessee. :thumbsup: What MD are you swinging? ???

OP
OP
T

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
I am using a White's Prizm III. I haven't found anything major with it yet, but have found alot of pocket change, a few pieces of children's jewelry, and heaps of bullet casings, hunks of melted metal, and trash! Also a few silver dimes, but nothing really old. Waiting on that gold nugget, or gold ring with a honking diamond, or that really old silver dollar, or a long-buried civil war cache.... The stuff my dreams are made of!!

Thanks for the welcome! :hello:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PG16996 (2).jpg