Getting Started - The End: Sequel

Rich[FL]

Greenie
Aug 30, 2012
Panama City, FL
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure I should post this update or not, but what the heck.

Last time I posted I think I mentioned something about one box almost doubling the number of silver coins I had up until that time - 13 I found in that one box. Well, since then I've been skunked on 3 boxes in a row; well, for silver anyway. I manged to run across 2 proof coins in two of those three "skunk" boxes. I guess by skunk I mean no silver.

Today - well, it's a different story. Box #14 has been better than the box that netted me 13. When I opened the box, I noticed right away there were two rolls with silver showing. I have been through 15 rolls out of the box so far and have found...20...silver coins! :hello2: All 40%'ers but silver nonetheless. Now get this: one roll of 20 coins I opened had *6* silver in it!!

I wonder if maybe I'm starting to get into the boxes that have been stored for a while and not sent out to other hunters and recycled. I'm thinking maybe I need to up the ante and invest another $500 to get two boxes at a time to try to deplete those older boxes before others get to them! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be luck of the draw, but you might as well place more orders for boxes with the same bank. You may be onto something, but if not the worst you can end up with are skunk boxes worth face value.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing 2 boxes a week for a couple months now and have yet to find more than 5 silver in a box. Nice job, send some my way! I rely on CWR and drunks for my silver!

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
Post those finds.......thats what keeps us all in the hunt. Great Find:occasion14:

post us some photos when finished

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Not trying to bust your bubble, but more likely you've hit a collection dump. Doesn't mean you should slow down; if anything you need to increase your volume. Just don't get discouraged by multiple skunks.

Good luck and HH

OP
OP
R

Rich[FL]

Greenie
Aug 30, 2012
Panama City, FL
Primary Interest:
Other
The bank I'm using right now places two orders a week (Tues and Thur) and I have a standing order with them for one box each order. I'm considering upping that to two. I could probably still do one at a time and not have to dip into another $500 chunk out of my checking account. We'll see...

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
The bank I'm using right now places two orders a week (Tues and Thur) and I have a standing order with them for one box each order. I'm considering upping that to two. I could probably still do one at a time and not have to dip into another $500 chunk out of my checking account. We'll see...

Dip it. If you really need the money in your checking acct, you can always redeposit it...

OP
OP
R

Rich[FL]

Greenie
Aug 30, 2012
Panama City, FL
Primary Interest:
Other
Final tally for this box: 36 40% coins and one 90% Ben Franklin! :hello2: However I am embarrased to say that the BF was an ender and I completely missed it until I picket it up to open it. The bell was what was showing. Oh well...

Now to get the left over 963 coins turned in and counted so I can get the next box!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread