Getting Started

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I finally got all my crap from my last worksite.. Man I tell you that big sledge hammer was pure hell carrying out..Well I got it done just to hike the stuff somewhere else. I intended to go to the dusty area and work it first but yesterday when I went out to sample the area again before I hike out all my crap. I can't say I ever made it. I took a different trail same direction I was headed just cut down to the river earlier..No real reason just to switch up the scenary. I really didn't have really that long of a walk to the dusty area and I figured I take my time and get and sample spots along the way. Well I came across this spot and I think I got about 3 days worth of work.. Mostly dust a few alright flakes.. The sluicing is a pain I made a small wing dam. but it not doing the trick.. there is a fine line between running the sluice slow and it dragging. oh well I will spend more time tomorrow building up a dam.. I did ok today 2.1 grams and if I would have just took the time and set the the sluice up right I would have faired better. But the water is cold and I didn't want to get wet. Tommorrow I will bring the wader's and get it done.. The great thing about the weather getting colder is that no one was at the river. Hike in no cars Hike out no cars... All the peace a man could want.. Well I hope all ye is having a good October.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No such thing as bad weather, just poorly dressed prospectors. I love this time of year for the peace and quiet it brings...enjoy!

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep love the cold weather less people to bug me while I dredge. They don't want to wade out in 35 deg water to see what I'm doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread