Gettysburg

M

michigan michael

The family and I went to Gettysburg for a week. What a site! Very beautiful landscape and yet horrifying at the same time if you can imagine what happened there. I wanted to share some pics of souvenirs, landscape, and spooks...... if you believe in that sort of thing. Thanks for viewing everyone.

1. The first site I seen was a disappointment. lol . I wondered if I could tell them I was coin shoothing and not relic hunting if that would make a difference. lol ;D Probably not. lol

2. One of the Battle fields.

3. This was an old locomotive that was coming through.

4. I wish I would of cataloged our locations when we took pictures but, I didn't. I think this may of been pickets charge.

5. The Famous Chamberlian, "Fix Bayonets, Charge!"

Attachments

• norelic.jpg
    norelic.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 315
  • landscape.jpg
    landscape.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 262
  • oldloco..jpg
    oldloco..jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 296
  • canonsite.jpg
    canonsite.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 290
  • battlesite.jpg
    battlesite.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 291
  • chamberlian.jpg
    chamberlian.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 288
OP
OP
M

michigan michael

More pics......
It seems we have lost some of our images. This is the only photo I have of Gettysburg National cemetery.

The next three pics are from a walk through a battlefield at night. We captured a few orbs. Ghosts, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Confederate half dollar, restrike.

$20.00 confederate gold piece. concept.

Attachments

• gettysburh cemetary.jpg
    gettysburh cemetary.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 275
  • halfd.jpg
    halfd.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 250
  • orb4.jpg
    orb4.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 245
  • orb3.jpg
    orb3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 233
  • orb.jpg
    orb.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 246
  • csa2.jpg
    csa2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 223
  • csa.jpg
    csa.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 294
  • halfd2.jpg
    halfd2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 242
OP
OP
M

michigan michael

more pics.......

Attachments

• confederatepenny.jpg
    confederatepenny.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 264
  • hd2.jpg
    hd2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 220
  • hd.jpg
    hd.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 223
  • confedp.jpg
    confedp.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 239
  • field.jpg
    field.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 266

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
A few years and quite a few pounds ago I armed myself with books and maps and rode the vehicle battlefield tour on a bike.

I started at McPherson's Ridge at dawn, ended up at the National Cemetery. Took my time, consulted references often and really got a good feel for what happened, where and why. It is an experience I will always treasure. I was also able to locate, give or take 30 ft, where my great, great grandfather spent the morning of day 2 in the Wheatfield.

I have been there several times, that one was the best. I am sure that you had quite an interesting visit. Amazing place.

Mr R

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tour! Great pics. I hope to tour it someday soon!
If you have never read (Killer Angels) it is a great book about Gettysburg!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures from the park. The last time I was there was for the 140th anniversary and they had over 10,000 participates in the park for 2 days. There was an amazing show, including a calvary battle. I was there for one day and was able to finagle my way in the press section ( I had 3 cameras, tripods, etc and they didn't question me :tongue3:) I hope that I can scan the pictures and you will be in the middle of some heated action.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures :icon_thumleft:
Looks like a great place to visit.
Thanks for sharing!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing the pictures. I live on Missionary Ridge by Chickamauga Battlefield. Gettysburg is a place that I would enjoy seeing. Thanks for taking the pictures and the time to share it. Be nice to see a post of pictures on many of these battlefields.

Thanks
TnMountains

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been to Gettysburg in over 20 years but from the pics it still looks great , I have to admit tho it seems like it was only yesterday I was there it was such an awesome experience , great pics thanks for sharing them :icon_thumright:

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gettysburg is my favorite destination, I go as often as I can. Your Chamberlain photo is of the 20th Maine monument on Big Round Top, did you also visit the site on Little Round Top where the famous bayonet charge took place? I should be able to ID your unknown battlefield shot, but it escapes me. If it comes to me I will let you know.

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Thanks for the great pictures. It really jogged my memories of visiting in 1971. We had a tour guide ride in our car with us who knew so much and brought the whole battle alive for us. It made the trip one of the most memorable I've ever had.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
Thanks for the pics. Went there a few years back and it raises goosebumps to imagine what hell that battle must have been. Great men on both sides with more courage than I could possibly fathom. Let's hope we never have to fight each other again!!

Mr. Ripley-amazing you could find where your ancestor was located. That had to have been the topper of your trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions