Ghost Gold ,Minersville

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Before Minersville was settled it was believed that a company of emigrants had camped under a big cottonwood tree down by the river. One of the women of the group was very wealthy and carried a great deal of money with her. Thinking someone might take it from her, she buried it by the river. Other members of the party became angry at her when she refused to tell where the money was hidden. They murdered her and buried her on the banks of the river. The money was never found, and it is said that she roamed up and down the river at night to protect her riches. Her dress was always black silk, and as she walked her petticoats of taffeta swished and rattled in the night.
John Banks saw her one night as he crossed the river bridge on horseback. He tried to catch her but when she leaped over a high barbed wire fence and disappeared, he became extremely frightened and upon arriving home could scarcely speak. Everyone who saw her became frightened, and each thought the woman dressed in black was surely a ghost. To this day the story of the phantom woman in black still persists.
http://www.gordonbanks.com/gordon/family/2nd_Site/geb-p/p24.htm

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Well nice seem to me that I need to camp out to meet her, get to know were she buried
her life saveing and let her know that its time to show were it is and move on into the light. how have you been? nice story

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think she moved to Parowan gap......kane23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread