Ghost Town Lost In Time - VT

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
http://www.vtstateparks.com/pdfs/LittleRiverHistoryHike.pdf

I would have to consider this a very large Ghost Town considering the size and miles of foundations that I found. Out of 30-50 foundations passed or seen only 1 building still remains.

Of a day spent in the woods I saw nobody until I came out and met a group thinking about going in for a late afternoon hike. The next day I went with a park staff as he had a planned hike and nobody showed so he found me and took me on the "tour" I had done the day before only with narrative this time... So it's secluded enough and permission despite being a state park is obtainable I have found from past experiences.

If in the area check it out .... keep it on the low low for me please ...and the granola sandle wearing hippied out tall lady is the park ranger and is very easy going.

Wish I could say the same about some of our other parks and forest staff.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
How far up is that ? Might be something I could talk the wife into taking a day trip to go see. She is from Post Mills VT. There's a ghost town here in NH I used to enjoy poking around in that's maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers but the last time I was there a couple years ago I was politely asked to leave the metal detector home from now on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread