Giant find from Saturdays Western Mass cellar hole hunt

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Giant find from Saturday's Western Mass cellar hole hunt

Went to scout some new cellar holes Saturday down an abandoned road by my house. As I walked down the path perhaps only 50 yards from my car I heard some rustling in the trees. I looked up and there she was, only about 30 yards in front of me. She's full grown, about 6 feet at he shoulder, and probably 750 pounds. She stood there for about 5 minutes and just looking at me and eating oak leaves. She showed no signs of aggression and did not appear to have a calf with her (though there could have been one bedded down near by). She only moved out of the way when I began talking to her and continued down the path. She barely stepped aside to let me by. Two hours later on my way out of the woods I heard the rustling sound again in the same spot. As I passed, she poked her head through the bushes not more than 20 feet away. It reminded me of that scene in Jurassic Park when the Raptor ambushed the game warden. I think I may have even muttered "clever girl" as I walked by her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Upvote 13
OP
OP
oxbowbarefoot

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome you don't see then often. I lived in maine for 6 years and never saw one then I moved back to ct and I've seen three just in the past year.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

It's how prolific moose are becoming in southern New England. Their numbers have been exploding recently. Even in urban areas like Holyoke and Springfield they are showing up in backyards almost on a weekly basis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread