Giant Silver up date!!!

animal

Aug 18, 2007
arlington texas
Detector(s) used
ace 250, Garrett GTI 2500 and Minelab Excalibur 800
I found this saturday in a back yard in Grand Prairie Texas. It weighS 4.13 0z and is 2 3-4" in diameter. After reserching, I found Allan Adler was the silver smith of the stars and was considered the last of the true silver smiths. He died in 2003. Any more info would be appreciated. Whos Rose???

Master craftsman Allan Adler, created some of the world's most exquisite silver pieces -- among them a Paul Revere-inspired tea service, designed in the mid 1940s, that sold at Sotheby's auction for close to one million dollars.

At Allan Adler Inc., our silver artisans are almost extinct breed of silversmiths -- those who still craft everything from flatware and hollowware to jewelry, all of it by hand.

Allan Adler Inc. has a rich history and has created table settings, jewelry and teapots for clients including such notables as Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Paul Newman, Clark Gable, Eleanor Roosevelt and Katherine Hepburn. The American Film Institute's Silver Star statuette is his creation, as are the solid gold Oscar mementos presented to the winners of the prestigious Academy Award .

The Smithsonian Institute has honored his extraordinary contribution to twentieth century design and his techniques have been documented and video taped, thus ensuring that future generations will know how a master silversmith worked. Allan Adler Inc. continues to create masterpieces, which include commissioned pieces for clients worldwide.

UP DATE!

I talked to Cindy Adler on the phone today she estamated piece un seen at 4 to 5 hundred and was made between 1950 and 1970 without viewing piece. I e-mailed her piks and info, tomorrow i hope to have more info. Thanks all

Attachments

• allan adler1.jpg
    allan adler1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 657
  • allan adler2.jpg
    allan adler2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 651
  • allan adler1.jpg
    allan adler1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 655
  • allan adler2.jpg
    allan adler2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat. Keep us updated...Matt

B

BIG61AL

Holy Crap that is super huge! That looks like a custom piece for sure.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Nice! Good to see some other diggers from North Texas!
HH
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions