diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have rust on the brain. I took a good hike and on the way to where I was going I found a relatively flat spot with some rocks. Lots of mines around but no foundation. I figured it was a good place for the miners to take a break and eat lunch. Wholly Guacamole, I have never seen a chopper this big. I’ve sold a few big ones in the past, but you could take off a cows head with this thing. I know they can be desired to restore! I must have looked like a psychopath coming out of the woods with the grin I had thinking about what it would look like restored. Also a hand forged tree skinner, and a beautiful mining related wheel which was on the surface but I could tell no one wanted to hike it out! Just what I need more rust!!! Thanks for the stopping by!! 5CA9A1D2-BC2D-4A3F-9FD2-E8BA85A01846.jpeg 9352A054-702C-4234-9431-5FF317C91580.jpeg EE36BDD2-A3D2-4EB5-940C-6FA26E9C2963.jpeg 5B275AC1-A86B-4AE1-90C7-B246D970BCCF.jpeg

Upvote 31
OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wall does not look safe...but cool as he**.

I agree with the post above, that wheel looks great in the wall, using a relic to preserve history. Nice play:icon_thumleft:
Thanks Hughett and highnam, the wall is sturdy but it was like a butterfly wing above the window. I saved it from collapsing but as you noticed it needs more morter and bricks. I love yard junk to no end!!!
Great to see your little black friend helping you.
She is the best at making sure I didn’t leave any thing! She’s always resigning my holes!!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m guessing you have been down where I found that cleaver. I think I had my detector there before but must not have been digging the iron signals. It’s amazing the people that used to be around these hills!!! I’m glad you found a few keepers, sure helps with getting out. Hopefully one of us will find a dream find this summer!!
it looks real familiar,but my memories of it are fuzzy. I found an old cabin site on a map and located the ruins on google earth, it is north of divide, want to check it out in a week or two ? I could use somebody to go with me . Probably a mile walk in on an old closed forest service road

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it looks real familiar,but my memories of it are fuzzy. I found an old cabin site on a map and located the ruins on google earth, it is north of divide, want to check it out in a week or two ? I could use somebody to go with me . Probably a mile walk in on an old closed forest service road
Those are the best Charlie, that would be a lot of fun! Hopefully a trash pit full of bottles!!! I will be looking forward to it!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice display pieces! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread