Girl Battles Border Patrol Over Her Constitutional Rights… & Wins!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Girl Battles Border Patrol Over Her Constitutional Rights… & Wins!
Posted by Tim Brown

The following video demonstrates what every law-abiding citizen should do when they come to border patrol checks inside the United States. I’m not talking about those at the border, but those 100 miles inside the border. Though the young lady who is being illegally detained by US Border Patrol agents does not cite the Fourth Amendment, she is clearly referencing the fact that these men didn’t have a clue about what the law of the land is.

In case any Border Patrol agents don’t know what this is, it’s called the Fourth Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Keep that in mind as you watch the video. Not one jot or tittle of the Fourth Amendment was followed by any of the Border Patrol agents who detained the young woman and her companion. Not one!

The first agent tells the young woman she is being detained, but provides no reason for it. He says, “We believe there may be criminal activity going on.” However, he provides no reason to detain her nor a probable cause for even going to get a warrant.

There are moments when the young woman is clearly nervous, but she stands her ground even in the face of arrest and fines. Good for her! Her companion seems to back her up too.

For those that want to say, “Hey, stop it and quit acting like a child and just follow the orders” I have this to say to you: You are part of the problem in America. You allow unlawful and illegal, in fact, criminal activity by your government and assume you are just being a good citizen. You are not, just like these Border Patrol agents are not being good law enforcement agents.

They acknowledge they are federal officers, and yet they clearly don’t understand the Fourth Amendment.

In the end, after being threatened with arrest and the young lady calls their bluff, they fold and demonstrate they have nothing. They have detained her for approximately 15 minutes for absolutely no reason at all.

She should take up a lawsuit against the individual agents and then challenge the constitutionality of these checkpoints in the middle of the country.

Tim Brown is the Editor of Freedom Outpost and a regular contributor to The D.C. Clothesline.

Girl Battles Border Patrol Over Her Constitutional Rights? & Wins! |

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unbelievable! We Americans now reside in a police state. I guess we need to start carrying a copy of the Constitution around with us...thanks for the post.
Jim

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet she's on a no-fly list now, just for spite!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable! We Americans now reside in a police state. I guess we need to start carrying a copy of the Constitution around with us...thanks for the post.
Jim

Jim your right, everyone should carry a copy of the Bill of Rights credit card size...

She couldn't tell him what article in the BOR they were violating but at least she knew she had rights and they were violating them.

My ex was a liberal, she would have been yelling at me to pull over and do as they said.

My current wife would have told me to kick dirt on them.....LOL .... She is now a naturalized citizen and a conservative...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say about this video is WOW !!!!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would have been handcuffing me, when he told me to "shut-up"!
As I woulda adviced him, that I WILL NOT be talked to the way he speaks to his wife, children, and parents!

Something about that word, "shut-up", that automatically generates that response, outta my mouth! :laughing7:

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
too funny...the same people complaining about close the border...scream about rights when they are confronted with the realities of the process.

I agree with pat about 'the shut up'...and the screaming...sets certain responses in motion with me also...

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe O's thinking about moving the border 100 miles inland?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mom says very special. Whats your excuse??

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Control your emotions or somebody else will. Point out what someone is doing wrong,they will go to extremes to make you think you are wrong for seeing them as wrong,odd lot humanity is,a far cry from what we should be I say. GodBless Chris

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too funny...the same people complaining about close the border...scream about rights when they are confronted with the realities of the process.

I agree with pat about 'the shut up'...and the screaming...sets certain responses in motion with me also...

Couple showed they were legal U.S.A. residents, had broken no laws and refused to give permission to search their vehicle (4th Amendment). Drug dogs searched outside the vehicle and gave no indication of drugs in vehicle, they were 100 miles from Mexican border.

You do not give up your constitutional rights just because someone asks you too. You may, but most of us want.

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
last time I went to Bisbee douglas area...I was stopped seven times, had my photograph taken from several OP's, including one on the over pass on Ina road in Tucson.

that was before mr Obama was elected president.

the aerostat, that the military has had in the air since the mid 1980's, has taken more photographs of the border an it's resident, than c. s. fly.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last time I went to Bisbee douglas area...I was stopped seven times, had my photograph taken from several OP's, including one on the over pass on Ina road in Tucson.

that was before mr Obama was elected president.

the aerostat, that the military has had in the air since the mid 1980's, has taken more photographs of the border an it's resident, than c. s. fly.

.......and you still do not surrender your constitutional rights....

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its their road to do what they want then why do we have to pay taxes to fix and build the roads.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas,

All I see is a land of sheep,too scared to say or do anything,SHAME on you,and you call yourself an AMERICAN,Land of the FREE and Home of the BRAVE,a land of couards it has become.

p.s. TH,You and the Wife excluded.:laughing7: God Bless America once again,this Country has fallen so low in morality,Wake up people.

Chris

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Video!..Thanks for Sharing Treasure_Hunter...I can tell you this woman has more Cojones than I do :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I like his last words to her

"Thank you for cooperating, Have a good day" :laughing9:

I still think her Looks had allot to do with them not trying to push it further .

Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe the only reason she didn't receive a butt whipping was her looks...

I don't take garbage off anyone, but that behavior down on the border has had people beaten and left in the desert more than once.
no matter your citizenship...and anyone complains? your word against the officer...we all know how that game works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions