Give me Liberty, Indian head and lead!

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, So I'm back at my old Park site. I finally found some three ring bullets, I never found any of these yet. I also found three two ring bullets although I'm not sure if they are Civil War period. They have solid bottoms and they are almost a half inch in diameter. They were found in the same hole Together so it definitely was a bullet drop. There were also found pretty deep. Usually when I find modern lead it's within 6 inches.. These along with the three ringers were about 8 to 10 inches in the ground.

The musket balls are all larger caliber found in the same area and about the same depth 8+ inches.

The liberty nickel although pretty rough on the face was found very deep. I'm not kidding when I say this thing was over 10 inches in the ground. The Tejon picked it up with no problem.

The 1908 Indianhead was pretty close to the surface only a few inches but it was a very rocky area so I didn't expect things to be deep in that spot.
The pictures do not do the Indianhead justice as the detail is amazing. The picture I took wasn't. I did enclose a close-up of the back side of the coin which as I said was amazing considering I usually find these in not the greatest of shape.

I believe the plane was a pin originally. It has no writing on the back and just as New York Paris in the front.

The Mary widows condom tin was another great surprise. First time I found a condom tin.

This was all within six hours worth of digging. The site I am at has a lot of pricker bushes everywhere And I don't believe was metal detected much in the past considering what I am finding. The nice thing is I have a lot of ground to cover..:laughing7:

I also found I believe a goldplated cufflink with a diamond in the center. There is also a button that I believe was silverplated I'm not sure what kind of post it had in the back originally because the post is going. The center of the button looks like a flower when I look at it under magnification.

I will post more when I am back on the site Friday. Luckily this winter has been great with very little snowfall although it's been cold. Anyone living in Rhode Island knows how the weather in the winter can be strange to say the least.

Anyone with any information On anything I post please feel free to do so. The two ring bullets I'm hoping are civil war period.
I know the three ringers are.... At least I believe they are.

Attachments

• 1908 indian.jpg
    1908 indian.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 1904 liberty.jpg
    1904 liberty.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1908 back.jpg
    1908 back.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 96
  • large cal roundballs.jpg
    large cal roundballs.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 3 ring underside.jpg
    3 ring underside.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 86
  • 2 ringers.jpg
    2 ringers.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 93
  • condom tin.jpg
    condom tin.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 88
  • plane pin.jpg
    plane pin.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 91
  • lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 97
  • flower button.jpg
    flower button.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 86
  • cufflink+diamond.jpg
    cufflink+diamond.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 3

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
quite a variety of nice finds, hope the weather keeps up for you to find even more great stuff

Digger_Dude

Dec 31, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT, Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's really quite a lot of stuff, all of it is neat.. you did really well and if u have more ground like that who knows what u will find! Thanks for posting.. HH

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little plane is a good find, it is "The Spirit of St. Louis" The plane with which Charles Lindbergh achieved his historic solo trans Atlantic flight . Nice Finds !

OP
OP
W

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little plane is a good find, it is "The Spirit of St. Louis" The plane with which Charles Lindbergh achieved his historic solo trans Atlantic flight . Nice Finds !

thanks for the info, I had not looked up anything on it yet. i thought it was pretty cool, The great thing about this section of the area is it seems no one has been here since the 30's and it goes back to revolutionary days. I am not finding any new money, I found early wheat pennies and not much junk ( beer cans, pull tabs etc )

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like theres lot of interesting finds coming out of the old park. I have always liked the 3 Mary tins as it's a great indication of activity for the park. Liking the arrangement of musket balls and if 1&3 were reversed it would almost look like a time lapsed photo of a ball in the different stages till it hit the target. The plane is a really nice little find, showing an important piece of history.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something obscene about the title to this thread. Nice finds. Love the plane.

OP
OP
W

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something obscene about the title to this thread. Nice finds. Love the plane.

lol... I just got it... boy I was slow on the uptake on that one... Indian head....haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions