Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit to being partial to the Deus 2 after first very successfully using the original Deus and a Deus Lite.

That said, I have no doubt the Manticore will be a great machine. I'm just not interested because I don't have the need.

The user is a very important part of the equation, so you'll find detectorist who swear by the Deus, and others will swear by the Manticore (eventually, since they aren't really available to the public yet). Reality is, both groups should be considered correct--if a machine works for you, that's your best choice, regardless of what others say.

If you don't want to wait, the Deus is your obvious choice.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The way mine lab does things,
Wait for the manticore 2, 3, or 4

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice to find a dealer to try one of each first. I like my Deus II.

Kormak

Greenie
Jan 5, 2023
I’m thinking on getting a new machine and considering either the XP DEUS 2 or Minelab Manticore, just wondering on yalls opinion between the two.

Emil W said:

I admit to being partial to the Deus 2 after first very successfully using the original Deus and a Deus Lite.

That said, I have no doubt the Manticore will be a great machine. I'm just not interested because I don't have the need.

The user is a very important part of the equation, so you'll find detectorist who swear by the Deus, and others will swear by the Manticore (eventually, since they aren't really available to the public yet). Reality is, both groups should be considered correct--if a machine works for you, that's your best choice, regardless of what others say. Also look up what you local sports store has - might get a better deal locally.

If you don't want to wait, the Deus is your obvious choice.
I'd go with Deus 2, Deus lite to this day is one of my all time favorites

Last edited:

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of detecting do you do. Are you a relic hunter, coin, beach. Deus 2 has been out for about a year now & is a proven detector for relic hunting & beach and water detecting. It's a very light weight and you can't beat it for the ergonomics. It's one of the best in iron contaminated sites for separation. The one thing I don't like about Deus is I have a Apple computer & you can't do update's with an apple computer.
As far has the Manticore goes. It was just released and it's too early have an opinion on one . I only have about 10 hours on mine and I'm still in the learning stages. I will say it does make those old iron square nails sound good. The Manticore might go a littler deeper than the Deus. So if your a park hunter for coins or jewelry that might be an advantage to the Manticore. The Manticore is easy to learn & navigate. I like the target trace screen.
Like someone else said it might be best to wait until more people get the Manticore to have a opinion which machine will suit your needs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions