Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score! I hit an old country school today and only found about $1.50 in clad and a gold plated earring. Disappointing. I was told by the principal that it hadn't been detected, but I guess he just doesn't know abut it. Should have been much more there. Monty

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a break from the ranch and headed to town, stopped at an old 1960's park spent about 30 min, and dug pennies. I dug 23 before I had to go the oldest dated 1957. You could tell someone else had been there awhile back, probably got most of the silver, but they left the holes uncovered. I covered them best I could but the ground was like plaster.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hard to be sad when you dig that much clad. Not bad. I'd be glad. Nothin' today, I'm mad, and kinda sad. Too bad. ;D

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you gotta find coins like that for battery money. Just feel lucky that you can even get out and hunt.

4 feet of snow here in NW Ohio and cold than heck, 4 below.
txkickergirl said:
I took a break from the ranch and headed to town, stopped at an old 1960's park spent about 30 min, and dug pennies. I dug 23 before I had to go the oldest dated 1957. You could tell someone else had been there awhile back, probably got most of the silver, but they left the holes uncovered. I covered them best I could but the ground was like plaster.

I'd go back to that site and hunt it real slow, dig all signals that come in around 4 inches. Those pesky silver coins on their sides will give you that kind of signal. The ACE 250 will sound them out, you just have to learn what it's telling you. Good Luck, and keep the coil to the soil, Ringfinder,

P.S. Thanks for filling in the holes. Maybe you can catch the person digging those holes and set him or her straight, about how they are making the hobby look. It only takes one person like that to close many parks that are now open to detector's.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
vw... great pile of stuff!

Welcome to treasurenet by the way, I see this was your very first post! ;D

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing more of your goodies!

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Nice bunch of coins you came up there with, it all adds up
Congrats
Eddy

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fine day of hunting ... I'll take a little clad anyday (sure beats tinfoil, pull tabz, nails, pop tops, and so on) ... congrats on a day out with treasure!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
CLAD = SILVER!!!

With $5 you can get...

100 wheats

10 buffaloes

5 mercs

2 SLQ's

1 walker