diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I resized it so we could see it better, looks a little blurry. Check very carefully with a loupe or magnifying glass for any marks that may be inscribed on it. That's it for now, I gotta get ready to go to. Catch ya later.

swan 004.jpg

This one looks like yours but it gives no info just a better pic of the same style in blue-
http://tinyurl.com/2uh3akd

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see these all the time at the thrift stores, In all of my hunts I have only found one vase labeled murano, it still had the sticker, I find it hard to believe that these are murano. If they are murano why are they selling for so cheap? ???

wingedfrog

Feb 3, 2011
These swans were made in several small glass factorys in eastern oklahoma (leflore county). they are not in business now(high natural gas prices). My wifes brother made thousands of these and other designs.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I picked one of these up last year at a garage sale and when I got home the beak had chipped. So in an artistic moment, I cut slices out of the neck, repolished and wired into a necklass plus several other pieces of jewelry. Made more than I ever could have selling as a vase. I have a couple more I plan to do the same with if I ever have the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread