Global Warming in Montana!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Well... the kooky weather is back. It's 11 June 2008.

Today we woke to snow on the ground, below freezing temps, and no power...

I took this picture at 11:15 this morning after it been melting for a few hours... we ran snow plows at work and shoveled six fresh inches of show off the entrance ways... it warmed to 39 degrees today but has been raining nonstop. :tard:

CC: Al Gore

11 June 2008.JPG

GeorgiaFlutterby

Aug 6, 2007
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi Jim,

Has Al responded to the CC:? You guys seem to be experiencing a real heat wave from this whole global warming thing...LOL! You may have a really interesting 4th of July, I have never seen fireworks shooting over 6 inches of snow. Wishing much warmer weather in the near future.

Georgiaflutterby :)

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
GeorgiaFlutterby said:
Hi Jim,

Has Al responded to the CC:? You guys seem to be experiencing a real heat wave from this whole global warming thing...LOL! You may have a really interesting 4th of July, I have never seen fireworks shooting over 6 inches of snow. Wishing much warmer weather in the near future.

Georgiaflutterby :)

It's suppossed to be like this through tomorrow night, but today it almost all melted, downed trees every place too.

In late March/early April it hit the 90s for almost a week straight... and will be back in teh 70s by Friday here...

Kooky!

Magic Fingers

I just landed at midnight in Missoula and you could see the snow on all the surrounding mountains. My neighbor said we got about a foot of snow. I won't be home until tonight but I sure hope it is all melted. They lost my lugguage so I am not thrilled about walking thru snow in sandles....lol.

A few years ago we had a white 4th of July!!

Donna

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
June 11th? Jim, get the heck away from there.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that on the weather ch too! And they are having a great time at some ski resorts that are usually closed by now!

We are finally having are regular tonados thunder and lighting and WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND ! as usual! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Magic Fingers said:
I just landed at midnight in Missoula and you could see the snow on all the surrounding mountains. My neighbor said we got about a foot of snow. I won't be home until tonight but I sure hope it is all melted. They lost my lugguage so I am not thrilled about walking thru snow in sandles....lol.

A few years ago we had a white 4th of July!!

Donna

Donna - glad you got back safe...

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the time summer hits you guys it will be winter again. Must be a real bummer you can't get out and detect :(

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
crazyjarhead said:
By the time summer hits you guys it will be winter again. Must be a real bummer you can't get out and detect :(

Eh - this is a temporary situation... starting tomorrow it'll be in the 70s for a week at least, then will prolly have snow again.

I do detect all year long as a result of this great weather here... winter is generally mild. :)

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Jim,
Wasn't the earth supposed to blow up about the time it started to snow?? Lol
Keep warm/cool whatever.
TN Joe

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Truly amazing Jim ! We have had record breaking temps in North Carolina this week > 101 degrees but cooler today :) Maybe 90 :thumbsup: Seriously >I would rather have some of your snow :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread