Gloretta

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about anyone on tnet, but the big names in the meteorite business have.

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm lucky in that Gloretta is only about 1 1/2 hours away. I've gone about six times so far. Last year was poor as the forrests were closed due to fire danger. It's very rugged but fantastic at the same time. I'll try again before the snows start.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great to have a large known strewnfield that close to you and I wish you luck with your search. I just know from being a member on the metlist, Glorietta does not seem hunted out, and as a pallasite, commands some serious coin.
The most recent fall at Battle Mountain, Nevada seems to be pretty big. Many hunters out there recording finds.
All the best
Jim

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Jim. All the times I've gone to Glorieta I've never seen another person outside the main hiking trails. There is also a creek called Galisteo where gold has been found quite a way downstream. Galisteo originates in Glorieta and I've discovered a lot of people don't realize that. There was a Civil War battle fought there ( the battle of Glorieta) and many artifacts have been found. At least in the past years. I'm going to concentrate efforts there and see what happens.
I really need to correct my spelling, it's Glorieta.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try google searching for the Glorietta strewnfield map. And I would suggest if you are really interested in meteorites, besides Glorietta, join the metlist. Great resource about historic and current falls, with input from all the big hunters and dealers. Also a great resource for strewnfield information. I am no expert, but a small collector out here on the east coast. It seems the midwest and southwest get many observed falls. These areas also have excellent all sky cams that record fireballs, the info and video usually being shared on the metlist.
Keep us posted on any finds, meteorites or other.
Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks again. I saw a sky cam record a fall about a year or so ago that fell just north of Gloreta about 100 miles. Amazing shot. I will check out Metlist like you suggested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread