Glue for relic and artifact displays???

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I am in the process of getting ready to fill my shadow boxes. The back ground is felt. The shadow boxes will hang on the wall. Mostly what I am displaying are civil war bullets, arrowheads and such. I want to be able to remove these from the felt later if the need arises but want to be able to pull the glue off. I am thinking maybe a hot glue gun, but I am not sure. What does everyone else use?

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Can you drill 2 small holes into the backing (one on either side of your object) & tie them on with light fishing line?

Smitty

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SH,

I just did my display cases for a exhibit at the library. I had glued all my Indian artifacts down on to burlap. I used Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Can be removed with water. So far everything is still holding up good.

4 down 2 more to go...finished & on display pics added

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,111158.0.html

;) RR

I use the same glue for Civil War relics in shadow boxes. It will even hold shell frags to cloth. This way I can display large and small relics in the same case. And yes, it's water soluble so if the artifacts ever need to come out, it's not a problem.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Use a small dab of silicone that can be pulled off when the time comes. Please test first.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion -
any adhesive adhered to any relic has the strong potential to extract the original patina and a leave a mark you cant repair
I would take the direction of pins to cradle the items on a board
IMO
Brady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread