GNRS Question

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Grand National Relic Shootout. A non-seeded CW hunt usually somewhere on the east coast.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Congratulations,Jeff.Bring that Tesoro in ahead of the Nautilus this year.I'll be pulling for you.Goodluck.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
stoney56 said:
Thanks WSD. The reason I'm asking is that I've been selected Captain of Team Tesoro for the 2008 GNRS. ;)

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/GNRS/2008roster.html

GO TEAM TESORO!!!

The Tesoro should have no problem beating the Nautilus but the whole issue isn't really as much about detector brands as it is knowing how to hunt CW relics.

The team Nautilus has some of the best relic hunters there are on their side. Some of these guys have hunted these types of sites since they were kids.

Most any quality detector could win. Last year BH almost won. The determining factor isn't the brand used but rather it's the skill of the hunters.

Good luck!

Badger

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks. Gonna do my best. I just got a new Tejon and need to get out and learn it forward and backwards.

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
stoney..........Ive been on many of the hunts from the very beginning.I'll be flying down to Richmond this March for some digging again its only a 13 hour flight for me.

Dont sweat it none about the hunt,Ive always hunted on or for the Tesoro team, and managed the hunts as a sort of field keeper ensuring we stay with-in out boundries.

But on another note you'll have a blast,and good luck.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks Dan. I'm really looking forward to this. This is my 1st one of these types of hunts and I'm trying to work things out with Tesoro on some team stuff.
Sounds like your maybe in the N/S hunt. ??? In any case, good luck and show us the goodies when you get back.

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
Ive been in the N/S hunts also.There all fun.I truly like just going and meeting all the friends I made over the years and meeting the new fellas as well.Digging the relics is a bonus and I seem to get my fair share of them.
Tesoro should be good to helping you out as they've been doing it for 10 years now and Im sure expect it.Like I said Im rooting for you guys as Im a die hard Tesoro user myself.If you have any veterans on the team from past hunts get some input on field stratagies etc...Daniel

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Stoney,try and make the GPAA Gold Show in Tx on Mar 1 & 2.James Gifford and Les will be in the Tesoro booth and they know that Tejon like the palm of their hand.They'll be glad to give you a lot of insight,especially since you are on the team.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
TNX WS. I'll see what's in the coffers as we've got the trip to Louisiana as well as a some other events scheduled for April and May. If nothing else I've got a letter written up and a phone call planned as a follow up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions