Go Cibola!!!

starnscot

May 15, 2008
Vancouver, WA.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola/Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Here's the deal. A year ago I purchased my first MD and bought a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. Being a beginner, I wanted to learn the fundamentals first before upgrading to something like a Whites or Fisher. I've found alot of coins and jewelry with my BH and have to say I was happy with it. Then I started reading a ton of reviews on Tesoro products and bought a Cibola. OH.. MY.. GOD. This machine is unstoppable. I've already been going back over the schools and parks that I've worked over and over until the action started to slow down. But the Cibola started it all over again as if no one has ever hunted it before. It's deeper, more accurate and after spending some time learning the beeps and tones I can't believe what I've been missing. More jewelry, more clad and a 1945 silver quarter about 5 inches down in one baseball diamond. I saw a man at one of the parks a couple of days ago who I thought was golfing but as I got closer I could see he was working a MD. He was using a Prizm 4 and had some clad and a soccer pin. After he left the park about a half hour later I wanted to go through the same spots he was working. Following his dig marks for about 75 to 100 ft, I ended up finding 37cents more clad and a pewter necklace without the chain. I'm so impressed with this machine. I'd recommend it to anyone!

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The cibola is an awsome machine, I always had whites detectors and swore by them, still do like whites but when I got my cibola I tripled my finds, got the 12x10 coil for it that added about 2" and then I sent it off and got a manuel ground balance added and the depth just blows me away for a $340 machine. You cant go wrong with one. Congrats on your finds and Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Cw

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread