Go Detecting to find something!! and sometimes you lose something!!!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
::) :Today when I left to go detecting I had a plan to go and look for a cellar hole back in the woods and when I found the spot, I found a large cent the first few minutes, to make a long story short. I ended up finding 3 large cents , 2 colonial coppers , and 1 who knows what copper and a few buttons and some other Relics...The story is about what happened when I got home , my daughter Leahs pet Guinea Pig with a big hunger and will eat anything..!!!!! We brought him up from the basement and put him in the kitchen in his pen ,box , tupperware box what ever, next to an area we usually keep some of the mail and other papers ,like money for the needs of the day . Well one of the dollars happen to fall in the pen and he munched it like he was starving..Now with the Dollar bills all shreaded I guess I will have to frame it....anyway now that the day is over I found 6 cents and lost a dollar , I have to work had to make up the 94 cent loss....!!! Hope you enjoy the story ,I will post the finds of the day tomorrow!!!!!!!Thanks Seeker

Attachments

• Guinea Pig 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    Guinea Pig 003 Medium Web view.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Guinea Pig 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    Guinea Pig 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Guinea Pig 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    Guinea Pig 004 Medium Web view.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
I? found a large cent the first few minutes, to make a long story short.? I ended up finding? 3 large cents? , 2 colonial coppers , and 1 who knows what copper and a few buttons and some other Relics...
Geez. In ONE DAY, you find what's taken me nearly 20 years to find! :o

That picture of the guinea pig with the shredded dollar is priceless- well worth the dollar! :D

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker if you take the dollar to a bank, they should replace it for you. (As long as you have both parts with the serial numbers still intact.)

Huntin' 59er

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
yep that is what i was gonna say ... as long as you have both serial numbers it is still good... but i would frame it with the coins you found... makes for a nice memory ...

axgar

Dig This

Dec 26, 2005
western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Ok nice now I have to buy Lunch on Sunday when we go out diggin? dont use the pig ate my money story.... will see ya early Sunday we have a few spots to hit. >:(

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good looking skunk if I have ever seen one.
You know whats left of that dollar bill really looks like the upper part of the United States..............
I'm sure your skunk knew that.

R

rvbvetter

I'll bet that's the last time you get a Guinea Pig at the Dollar Store.

Very nice finds!! HH

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Hey wait a min. I seem to remember a "I cant take you to that hot site today because my guinea pig died" story last fall. Hold on to your lunch money Jeff I smell something fishy. ;)

Tim

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good Luck Hunting Sunday! ?I think you should take that piggy TH-ing with you ...if they love dollars so much, they should be really easy to train to find it...just follow the piggy around and dig!
Nana has cows following her around, you got the piggy....you people need to make them start earning their keep.... :-*

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seeker, the guinea pig is cute :) and mischievous :)......but......the coins......Where's the picture of the coins? ??? That's a great haul.

OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimmyNY said:
Hey wait a min.? I seem to remember a? "I cant take you to that hot site today because my guinea pig died"? story last fall.? Hold on to your lunch money? Jeff? ?I smell something fishy.? ?;)

Tim
What you smell is that fish fry dinner I ate yesterday....and about the Guinea Pig story from last year , this feasting little Pig is the other half of the 2 for 1 Deal we got when we were shopping for a pet !!!! ;D ;D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats one clever pig ;D you go looking for treasure, the treasure comes to him ::)

Peter
South Africa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread