GO WEST YOUNG MAN

michafnl

Greenie
Mar 14, 2012
ohio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Three days from now, my son and I will be boarding a bus, in OH, for AZ...by mid week we will be there. We will be looking for a very inexpensive high clearance vehicle, and headed to the county and BLM to check off some possible sampling areas...I've got no idea what I am doing, but none the less, here we go. Over the next month or so I'll check in with my questions to see if we can get the favor tipped in our direction. Anyway, ready or not.....:BangHead:

I am looking forward to this, if i don't go I'll never know.

Upvote 0

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Russau...

Klondike here...

It is my understanding that ...NO...non-members cannot camp there, unless invited by a member as a guest....The current membership is $3,750 ...one time fee....

You can make payments of $375 down..and $30 a month until paid in full...

There is some info on their website as well...www.goldprospectors.org/Membership/LDMA/tabid/64/Default.aspx

Good luck...

Klondike...

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mich, Much of the area around the claims is BLM land. If you can camp without all the HOOKUPS, simply pull off to the side of the dirt road and park! Many do just that south of Octave. When you get to the area, the people at Weaver or Y-not will direct you where you can camp/park. I often see several campers parked along the approaches to Stanton,AZ TTC

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering how the trip went? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions