Goal is met

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Keep up the great work. Sounds like you are almost there. I reached most of my goals... but failed in the gold area.... only three gold finds for me all year.. Like you I did well with the silver rings and coins. I had over $750 in clad last year, this year I hit just over $700 but weather, painting for three weeks in October and November slowed me down, finished right around $710. My year is over with snow covered ground..but maybe can sneak another day or two in.... but will not hit my totals from last year. But I tumbled coins every two weeks and went to bank... so I am ahead of last year with that.

Nice job on the rings! Glad you can still get out... :icon_sunny:

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
10,000 coins not including relics and trash...thats alot of holes. ;D

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX,
I made 10,000 coins yesterday(3rd) sounds like you get out there a lot just like me,way to go on your finds.This time of year I really wished I lived where there is no real winter. next year will be tougher as i has some real competition doging me now. HH Kane 23

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
kane23 said:
DFX,
I made 10,000 coins yesterday(3rd) sounds like you get out there a lot just like me,way to go on your finds.This time of year I really wished I lived where there is no real winter. next year will be tougher as i has some real competition doging me now. HH Kane 23

I saw for the first time several of the parks or new areas I tried others detecting. I of course love the spots where no one goes, but what can you do. I hit a nice strip was about ten feet wide and pulled out over $10 in clad about my third to last hunt of season including some silver jewelry. I always feel like I have an advantage over some of the local competition because I work midnights and can hunt any day of week. I often have seen others hitting an area I went over very slowly the day before. Sometimes I will spend four or five days in a row cleaning out what I can, switching detectors and seeing what I can find.

I know the effort it takes to get to 10,000, Congratulations! :thumbsup: Last year on one of the forums someone decided to mail me an amazing article about someone who found 32,000 coins in a year! He was featured in a treasure magazine. Up until that point the highest total I had ever heard was in the low 20's. My back, knees, shoulders really tell me when the year is over...then the weather makes sure I quit! :(

Really though I do not consider any of the guys I see....have not seen any women....detecting competition.... Just wish they did not go to same spots I do... ;D Hey great year and the best of luck next year. :) Gregg

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
You are doing real well there I was aiming for 10,000 and may still make it but have had a great season so far here in Canada. Clad so far is
1232.00 dollars, 24 silver rings, 10 gold rings, two of which are high end diamond set & 6 silver chains, three gold chains. :thumbsup: Dan

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the supportive and nice comments. I found silver ring #40 yesterday a baseball sterling CTR ring, now i've met all my goals this year. the snow is supposed to move in next weekend, bummer. Soon i'll have to take some trips south. good hunting, Kane 23

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Congrats!! So very happy for you! It is freezin stinkin cold here this morning but should be around 50 degrees later. Hopefully the weather is being nicer to you still! lol

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cnangyl.
The snow blew in last night,stuck and froze to everything, no more detecting for a day or two, that is if the snow melts....kane 23

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
something is sure trying to blow in here....it is hovering right about freezing even at 9:30am and an ICY ICY wind blowing around out there!! I want sun!!! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another snow storm is coming saturday night,the detecting is probably mostly over for the rest of the year. take care kane 23

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
:'( Glad you met your goals before the weather got here! Such timing eh? By the way, my son and brother in law really enjoyed the magazine articles you wrote when they were here. Thanks again for sharing them with me!

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cynangyl,
You are a good friend and you are more than welcome. i seem to have misplaced your address, send it on your next email so i can send you a christmas card...kane 23

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a Year for you Kane.....That's a lot of digging,almost too much ;D Great Dig's for the Year :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kane23

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I leave town, the detecting is probably over for the year,they are predicting 8 inches of snow tommarow(13th) and more for the next five days,who knows how long it will take to melt? HH Kane 23

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, lots of clad, do you clean your coins before returning them to the bank?

Sounds like with all the rings and money you have found you had a very good year.

Maybe Santa will bring you a nice camera for Christmas. We all would really like to see your
finds!

HH,Ringfinder

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Sounds like a great year!! HH

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most excellent finds, Kane :thumbsup: Wishing you all the best fulfilling your goal for '09. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

:wink: RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread