Goats head on the beach!You GOTTA see this!Warning- Pic may be graphic to some!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goat's head on the beach!You GOTTA see this!Warning- Pic may be graphic to some!

I went detecting this morning at Ft.Lauderdale on the beach. I didn't find anything but a bunch of clad,the typical 200 bottlecaps and pulltabs and one small gold earring that I spyed by eye. However,lying on the beach,just off the surf line was a goat's head. This thing still had a tag in it's ear. What the heck is something like this doing on the beach? I might add that several weeks earlier down the road a piece at another beach, one morning at sunrise I saw a group of Haitians having some kind of ritual or Baptism or something, right at the water's edge.I also found many pieces of used candles lying near where they were doing whatever it was they were doing. I got 2 questions,the first is, do you think this goat was used in some sort of Voodoo or Santeria ritual? The second question is- Can I track down this goat's owner by the ID tag that is posted here?

Attachments

• goat head lauderdale.jpg
    goat head lauderdale.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,717
Upvote 0

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
Re: Goat's head on the beach!You GOTTA see this!Warning- Pic may be graphic to some!

rolling stones,,,,,, goats head soup......

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Re: Goat's head on the beach!You GOTTA see this!Warning- Pic may be graphic to some!

Hey Dig, that's really a disgusting find! I'd freak out if I saw that. I've also seen a lot of baptisms in the ocean very early in the morning. Since are area has turned into a 3rd world country, it's probably some kind of vodoo ritual or something. LOL!

HH 8) surfrat

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Im going with the Haitian Voodoo/santeria theory. In a related incident,I was detecting an old homestead a few weeks back,swinging up the drive when I got to the end of the drive I swung my coil right over the eye a deer who had been butcherd probably the day before and dumped at my site. People are really down with the sickness,HH...Shoot

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

In case you get a hankering.....

goat head
water
3 green banana
2 potatoes
1 yam
1 chopped carrot
1 chopped chocho
12 pimento seed
5 stalk escallion
8 sprig of thyme
1 scotch bonnet pepper
5 cloves garlic
1 cup white rum.........drink rest of bottle
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Clean goat head very well.

Place meat in a large pot cover with water. Add garlic and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 2 hours and add spices.
Add remaining ingredients except rum and simmer for another hour.
Add rum, spices to additional spices to taste, and simmer for 30 minutes. Serves 8

Fatboy

Dec 28, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

gypsyheart said:
In case you get a hnkering.....

goat head
water
3 green banana
2 potatoes
1 yam
1 chopped carrot
1 chopped chocho
12 pimento seed
5 stalk escallion
8 sprig of thyme
1 scotch bonnet pepper
5 cloves garlic
1 cup white rum.........drink rest of bottle
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Clean goat head very well.

Place meat in a large pot cover with water. Add garlic and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 2 hours and add spices.
Add remaining ingredients except rum and simmer for another hour.
Add rum, spices to additional spices to taste, and simmer for 30 minutes. Serves 8

yummy Rum !

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice recipe Gypsy ! But can i substitute the goat head for say pork ? lol Seriously though i would have taken it home cleaned it up and painted the scull ! ;D

Attachments

• Mvc-010s.jpg
    Mvc-010s.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,651
  • Mvc-011s.jpg
    Mvc-011s.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,628
  • Mvc-013s.jpg
    Mvc-013s.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,620
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sparkymaster said:
I'm wondering something here. Did you take that thing home? My wife would have me looking just like the goat if I drug anything of the sort home.
diggummup said:
I didn't want to touch the nasty looking thing with my bare hands and there wasn't any sticks or tree branches lying around on the beach so,I didn't flip it over. ;D If you look at the neck,it looks like the flesh has rotted or been eaten away,notice the neckbone sticking out.This tells me that it was probably in the water for a while,also the eyeballs were almost popping out of their sockets,or at least the one I could see was,you can't notice it too well from the photo.
No,I don't think so,couldn't get past the smell! :) BTW-The wife was with me. :o

gypsyheart said:
In case you get a hnkering.....
No hankering here Gypsy! ;D

surfrat96 said:
Hey Dig, that's really a disgusting find! I'd freak out if I saw that. I've also seen a lot of baptisms in the ocean very early in the morning. Since are area has turned into a 3rd world country, it's probably some kind of vodoo ritual or something. LOL!

HH 8) surfrat
The ones i've saw wear all white,I wonder if they are YAHWEH's! Remember them? :o
One day in the not too distant future I will leave S.Fl. and i'll bring the flag with me! ;D

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

Wow, That is something you don't see everyday. What kind of detector where you using? ;D I wonder if its like finding a penny, heads up is good luck.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Is it still free parking on Ft.Laud. beach?

That goats head was put there (old Haitian voodoo) to cast a spell on any metal detectorist who passes within sight of the goats eye under the rising sun near lo tide. ;) Under this spell you will dig pull tabs for 7 years and 7 months. :D

Attachments

• haitian voodoo.jpg
    haitian voodoo.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,559

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Well, i only have one thing to say.

Finding a goats head is considered bad luck. Exspecially if it is found on a beach.

Was it at the beach/water line?

-CC

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama

I was detecting a church yard once and came up on a goats head with no flesh on it. Scared the bejesus out of me.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcypresshunter said:
Is it still free parking on Ft.Laud. beach?

That goats head was put there (old Haitian voodoo) to cast a spell on any metal detectorist who passes within sight of the goats eye under the rising sun near lo tide. ;)
That's too funny BigC! ;D :D ;D :D.I'm just glad it was high tide then! ;) BTW-Yes the parking is free if you park along A1A on the east and not in the $6.00 parking lot on the south end of the beach.You gotta get there early,cause the free spots get taken pretty quickly.

coolcash2004 said:
Well, i only have one thing to say.

Finding a goats head is considered bad luck. Exspecially if it is found on a beach.

Was it at the beach/water line?

-CC
You guys are killing me! ;D :D

downindixie said:
I was detecting a church yard once and came up on a goats head with no flesh on it. Scared the bejesus out of me.
If it was just the skull,I would of taken it home. :o :)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: Goat's head on the beach!You GOTTA see this!Warning- Pic may be graphic to s

Uh ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!

I would've called the police and let them deal with it.
Thanks for sharing! :-\

HH,
Moon

T

TreasureTales

Can you say HEALTH HAZARD? I've heard of a litterbug, but never a littergoat. Disgusting the things people leave on the beaches these days.

Why contact the goat owner? He probably sold the goat to them for their ritual sacrifice. I'd throw the head in a garbage can and forget about it. You can't interfere with peoples' "religous practices." Digusting, but protected.

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Re: Goat's head on the beach!You GOTTA see this!Warning- Pic may be graphic to s

Well that gets the WTF award!!!
Never ceases ta amaze me what people find on the beach-I only ever find 5c!

Have fun,
Salvager

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)

maybe they were fishing for shatks

anteater

Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Beach Magnet, Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If its any consolation, I believe this find easily qualifies you as the Goat's Head Beachmaster Champion! Congratulations, but I hope you did not take it home(when I was a kid I had the jeebers scared out of me about a story of an old lady looking for her bone!).

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was reading the paper the day they strung up Saadam and the hanging occured on the first day of a Muslim religious holiday. The article said the Muslims sacrificed sheep and goats on these days. If you have a Muslim community I would suspect that's where it came from. We use to get complaints about them killing and skinning out goats in plain view of the neighborhoods when I was on the PD. Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

....and its not in the BANNER YET

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread