God please make the mud dry up soon...

N

Newbie1967

Went to a local small playground with my son and found a few pennies, and decided to hit the local high school. Did a little MD'ing and got so sick of all the mud :-[

We walked the parking lot near the snowbanks and edges and managed to scare up a few more coins - 17 in all... First quarter, anyway...

I can NOT wait for the ground to dry out!

Question for anyone reading this - do you ever bother with nature trails? There is one not far from my home but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble...

Attachments

• High School Finds.JPG
    High School Finds.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
I'm sitting here waiting for the wife to get home so I can go out... and I'm quickly running out of daylight!

At least you made it out! Congrats!

Keith IL

Jan 8, 2004
I found a Walking Liberty Half on New Yeqrs day on a path,mafde me a believer
Good Hunting

M

minelabex1000

Newbie1967 said:
Question for anyone reading this - do you ever bother with nature trails?? There is one not far from my home but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble...

Look for the seating areas along nature trails.

I like the nice greenish patina on that quarter. Some people overlook the beauty of a coin like that and some even clean them :'(

I like to set these aside and keep them protected.

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
MY WIFE AND I DO ALOT OF TRAILS....FOUND SOME INTERESTING THINGS...AND ALOT OF JUNK BUT THEY ARE WORTH DOING. BUY THE WAY IT IS 70 HERE IN OREGON TODAY...WIFE IS OUT DOING AN OLD SCHOOL YARD, AND A FIRE HOUSE......GOOD LUCK AND DONT GIVE UP

OP
OP
N

Newbie1967

Okay, okay, you convinced me that it's not so bad here in muddy Maryland. I got this picture from my Mom in NH from the storm they had yesterday, so I really need to quit complaining and count my blessings :)

Attachments

• Backyard.JPG
    Backyard.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 241

knorrski

Feb 21, 2005
Indiana
Sorry guys but I've been detecting since january....weather has been crazy here in Indiana...hope you guys get to detect soon....with out mud and snow... Knorrski

D

Darod

Burrrr :o

Thank god we don't see that kind of weather in Florida!

Rod

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
The first day I went MDing, I went along a trail and found a cache in a tree! I found over a quart jar of coins all modern clad that totaled over $70.00. I thought to myself that this MDing thing was pretty cool and I'd have my detector paid for in a few days.... But instead, I have been digging up one coin at a time ever since! I have no ideal why someone would hide that many coins in a tree!

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Was that any where around Mid Wisconsin? I Know of a story about money hid in a tree that never was discovered..And I also know of a older man who told me stories about how he hid money in trees, so his grand children could find it and they where told it was a money tree.He say's there was alot on the ground too! Walking liberties was his favorite to put in there for them to find.
I have alot of stories, I know of in Wisconsin.If any body has anymore interesting stories...Please Email me because I might try my hand at a small venture with these stories.Nothing big though lost and found stories and maybe hidden stuff never found,Or the ring that was found by a freind or in the attick after years of being there noit known...Ect..just small stuff like that...here is an email you can send to: [email protected]... I do not except bad language or anything that would be insulting... This will be delt with..It must be true and let me know who to contact if you have a name for other information if needed.Wisconsin is my most wanted articles I will however execpt other states for cross reference.Thankyou very much! Remember short and to the point!

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Despite the ice i am going to make an attempt at a fresh water frozen beach. My choice of ice busting weaponary include a pyramid shaped splitting wedge called a wood gernade and a 2 and a half pound sledge hammer. Mother nature wants a war she's got it. I will recover and post something by thursday. I don't care if it a beer can 2 feet down I'm bringing home something. If it works out ok then I'll do it more often. Wish me luck because it's gonna be a long day with lots of coffee. Jason

D

distelrath

Just wear some galoshes and gloves... you'll be allright!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
God gave you the mud so you could make mud pies in your down time. Remember to fill them with coins and place them with care!

D

distelrath

No kidding I do that sometimes. Whenever I see a place that I would like to metal detect possibly 100 years in the future I always drop a few coins for those who will be thrilled to find them. ...as if any of our clad is going to be worth a fart, but still I entertain the thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread