Goin to the keys any advice?

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
On the north side of the Seven Mile bridge, there is a shack on the right hand side as you are traveling south. It used to be called the Seven Mile Grill. It looks like you shouldn't touch anything let alone eat there. Stop in and get a piece of key lime pie. It will knock your socks off. That will be the find of the trip regardless.

As far as detecting, there is a state beach down around the middle of the keys that gets a ton of visitors. I know when we used to go (about 10 years ago) the gates would close around 11 AM because it was "full" so get there early. I don't know if you are allowed to detect, but for volume of traffic it definitely has got to be top two in the keys. Key West beach also sees a lot of people but it is a haul. You could check out the shipwreck museum if you made it to Key West though.

Good luck and bring me a slice of that pie please.

-Fathead

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far hunting goes I would consider the public beach in Key West. There is also an old fort on the beach that is now a KW garden club operation. It'll make you wish you could hunt it. I'm not sure if the Bahia Honda State Park will let you hunt. It's at MM 37 and I think about $10 a day but might be cheaper for residents. For tourist stuff visit the Mel Fisher Museum in KW. Serious Spanish gold and silver treasure. For a great buffet go to Whale Harbor Inn about MM 84. It's about $28 each.

OP
OP

71 duster

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2010
Webster,Fl
Thanks for the replies.Don't know how much time I'll have , my 6 yr old has plans
but I'm sure Dad can sneak in a little bit of huntin.

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread