Going deep advice, help wanted.

quarterroy

Greenie
Apr 19, 2010
midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a taste for dirt fishin w my Ace 250. Bought a used Explorer SE. I seem to only find shallow targets, less than 2", where i know i should b finding deeper. I have read literature; I know I have to log hrs on the machine (new baby :hello2: and job, not much time for fun). Is there one variable/setting I could experiment with to get more depth. Thanks for any advice.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try slowing your speed.

I hope your using Headphones

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff is right. To get the best depth out of Minelabs you need to not use it like a grass whip and keep the coil level with the ground the whole sweep without picking it up on the ends. Headphones allow you to hear the lower volume tones which are the deeper targets.

OP
OP
quarterroy

quarterroy

Greenie
Apr 19, 2010
midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice Gentlemen. I'm looking forward to learning the machine well, and posting some sweet finds.

OP
OP
quarterroy

quarterroy

Greenie
Apr 19, 2010
midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lostlake. I plan on going back over previously detected areas, using/learning different settings; see what works for different areas and conditions :icon_thumright:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions