Going hunting tomorrow

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck I hope you find a lot of good stuff and no snakes......

Cajunme

Aug 25, 2004
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first great thing in metal detecting is a great day outdoors. where did you hunt? sometimes i hunt within sight of an old plantation home or beautiful trees. my imagination runs wild with what it looked like back when. I know you found something good even if it was only a new place to eat. Brent

OP
OP
MrsFury

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
We went around Logtown and Napoleon, MS. Get this. My first stop is outside a very old cemetery. I take the detector out of the trunk, tap it (and I mean tap) with my foot to make it level with the ground and the bottom snaps off. >:( It is over ten years old so maybe it was just time for it to break. I have it setting up with superglue as we speak. I think I can buy a part if I have to. Anyway we found some new spots. Lunch was at Captain Humble's in Slidell. The Cap is not doing well and that may be the last time we see him running a restaurant. He still refused to give me his bbq beef recipe. ??? Thank you all for your well wishes. No rain and no snakes, just frogs and spider webs. http://www.ladayrides.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=302

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an older whites coil that might work if the glue will not hold..... you are welcome to use it .

OP
OP
MrsFury

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
That is a very nice offer. I may take you up on it if I have to. Sigh. Or I could duck tape it and have a redneck metal detector.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MrsFury said:
That is a very nice offer. I may take you up on it if I have to. Sigh. Or I could duck tape it and have a redneck metal detector.

:tongue3: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MrsFury

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
CI Guy said:
Enjoyed the pics of your outing. :) Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome! Hey are there any old cemeteries by you? I have no plans for tomorrow.....

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed the pictures as usual....no pictures of what you ate for lunch. It must have been so good you couldn't even slow down to take a picture!!! Lol!

OP
OP
MrsFury

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
I was too depressed to take pics after learning Cap may be shutting down his nine year old business due to several matters. I hadda big huge 6" hamburger poboy that probably had over half a pound of meat on it.

In my detector woes news, the glue did not work. The "stick" part is broken so a coil won't help me but thanks ACE, that was a nice thing to offer. You detector people have all been so nice. Hubby just spent 200 bucks on a new gun so he bought me a new stick, digging tool, apron and waist harness thingie. I can't wait til I get it in the mail. :D

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anytime.... :thumbsup: I see y'all were at TOB in ponchatoula this morning ....... so were we the wife and my youngest he turned 18 today the little women's b-day is Tuesday.... killed two birds with one stone.... lol

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
26 years of practice....... heheheheh...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions