Going prospecting tommorrow

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Hey guys, its been more then a few years, hope everyone's still doing good. Life got in the way as it sometimes does and diverted me from my gold prospecting for several years but finally I am back. A lot has changed in 5+ years on the areas I used to prospect, some places I was welcome have changed owners and other places development has come and built sub divisions were once there was but wild forest. And the gold in areas that once came easily is now quite hard to come by. But, as you all know, the fun is in the looking and the thrill of adventure ever leads one on. I have identified some new areas still in the gold belt and made some short scouting trips checking things out. The signs look promising, we will see. I plan to shoot video for a new prospecting channel and show starting tomorrow. I will get some pics and update soon. Happy prospecting and be safe out there.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks guys. I had a bit of a monkey wrench thrown in my plans today with some misplaced camera equipment but I was finally able to locate the stuff and get out late in the day for more scouting.

Here's one of the washes that alerted me to the potential of this area. Besides it being in the gold belt, the sub-metallic luster of so much hematite here is a really good sign. Usually when prospecting this area, when you start finding hematite like that in the pan the gold is quite chunky and plentiful.

Here's a ridgeline nearby.

And one of the drainages coming off this area, it looks good for dredging.

Granite slab

More fine black sands in the wash

I didnt pan today but I did take some samples of the wash, since I got started so late I was pressed for time and didnt get to shoot a video series. Tomorrow hopefully I will.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, its been more then a few years, hope everyone's still doing good. Life got in the way as it sometimes does and diverted me from my gold prospecting for several years but finally I am back. A lot has changed in 5+ years on the areas I used to prospect, some places I was welcome have changed owners and other places development has come and built sub divisions were once there was but wild forest. And the gold in areas that once came easily is now quite hard to come by. But, as you all know, the fun is in the looking and the thrill of adventure ever leads one on. I have identified some new areas still in the gold belt and made some short scouting trips checking things out. The signs look promising, we will see. I plan to shoot video for a new prospecting channel and show starting tomorrow. I will get some pics and update soon. Happy prospecting and be safe out there.

Did I double take when I saw a post with a new date from Astro!!

welcome back

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for all the welcome backs, I missed this community all these years. Found some specs today but once again did not have time to pan seriously. Hoping tomorrow will be the day. Will keep you all updated. Been meeting with landowners all day and talking.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the welcome backs, I missed this community all these years. Found some specs today but once again did not have time to pan seriously. Hoping tomorrow will be the day. Will keep you all updated. Been meeting with landowners all day and talking.

Cant wait for some videos :icon_thumleft:
Didn't I see you hunting Ginseng on TV?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Cant wait for some videos :icon_thumleft:
Didn't I see you hunting Ginseng on TV?

Ha! Wasn't me but iv heard I have more then a couple dopplegangers out there. I shot a ton of video of collecting quartz crystal in Arkansas over the last couple of years, but that's all on a hard drive that's still buried somewhere from my move back east. I am really frothing at the mouth to shoot video and prospect again. Now that I got a little taste of hunting over the last couple days its made me want to get back into it even more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread