Going shark tooth hunting saturday!! woohoo!

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Anyone been to Arcadia, Fl? kinda famous for it river and the old sharks teeth. This will be my 3rd or 4th hunt there. The biggest tooth ive found is only like 4in so hopefuly i can find somthing BIGGER ;D!!! And of I wont forget the detector :laughing7:. The river is called the Peace River(and it has gators!) if anyone has been there and no, you dont need a permit to hunt for teeth, i checked :laughing9: Ive found maybe, 100-200 teeth all together in the 3 hunts and some neat fossils too. ill post pics in Todays Finds after the hunt on Saturday, wish me luck :hello:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
14, I've been to the Peace river and Arcadia many many times! I have a tooth of about 4 inches also! Over the years I have collected a few thousand.... and gave most away. You MUST go over to Venice, FL also for more (but smaller) teeth by the bucketful! Stop at Sharky's for a bite (pun intended) with a beachfront view! Some of the better pickins' is south of Sharky's down by the golf course. Good Luck!! TTC

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try Sanibel Island,

It closer and there are many prehistoric teeth there. Do you know where the name For Captiva Island originated? You got it! Pirates lad. Captive...to hold.
Just some useless trivia!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I've hunted for teeth on the peace river but didn't get any large ones. I often go to venice and have bags full of small teeth from there.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck found tons near Englewood. Wifes parents live right by the peace in Punta Gorda, might look into that next trip down for a few days...

Slugrusher

I've got some fellow spearfishers on the west coast that go out to the Middle Grounds and find Megladon teeth all over the place. I'm pretty sure it's the Middle Grounds though I know they run the boat out for a few miles.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
terry c is right, I've done venice fla. shark toothing and it was a blast. I got a nice 3" tooth and alot of smaller ones too. my dads buddy says about a quarter mile offshore there is a ditch whith huge sharks teeth in it.

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Monty said:
Well? Find any? Monty

well saturday was a MD day and found four wheat pennies and 4 1/2 keys!!!! then on sunday we went back and managed to find 17 teeth. we are going back on the 4th to rent canoes and do some real hunting all day long! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread