Going to a Revolutionary war site that is also a modern park.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it but if you don't want to miss the good stuff you are going to have to dig a lot of junk. Everything you disc out is a chance to miss something good. Even the best detectors can miss masked items.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, if you don't dig junk, you're not doing it right. With all the aluminum especially you won't be able to discriminate out a lot of the trash.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dilemma is lots of iron nail/bits all mixed up in rev relics with modern trash in the 1st inch. I’m using the 6” coil should I keep it at a 7 sensitivity or because of the 6” I can try deep? Around 2-4 sensitivity?

Sensitivity at 7 or less?? I wouldn't run it anywhere near that low. Sure you aren't talking about recovery speed? If so, I would probably experiment between say 7 and 3, and go by the depth meter when I got a good tone/number. See which works the best on your site based on what you are finding deep.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, trash sucks but in a site like that, it could be well worth the cleaning out process. Take a really deep breath and exhale slowly and do this a bunch more times before you start digging....probably won't do a blasted thing for you but it sounded good.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sensitivity at 7 or less?? I wouldn't run it anywhere near that low. Sure you aren't talking about recovery speed? If so, I would probably experiment between say 7 and 3, and go by the depth meter when I got a good tone/number. See which works the best on your site based on what you are finding deep.

Yes, he meant recovery speed. It is hardwired into his typing fingers now. If he actually typed recovery speed we would want to know what the aliens did with the real Truth. Lol.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of Luck to you Truth. May you find Many fine Relics amongst very little trash. We look forward to pic's.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I ran another setting at recovery speed 8 and it made a huge difference at the old Fort. The Equinox has a great recovery speed. Checkout my today’s finds!!!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, he meant recovery speed. It is hardwired into his typing fingers now. If he actually typed recovery speed we would want to know what the aliens did with the real Truth. Lol.

Lol gosh you are so right. I used recovery speed 8 v and boy it still hit a 3 ringer at 6”. Checkout my today’s finds.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep, trash sucks but in a site like that, it could be well worth the cleaning out process. Take a really deep breath and exhale slowly and do this a bunch more times before you start digging....probably won't do a blasted thing for you but it sounded good.

To hot for that lol But I used my fastest recovery speed on my 800 and it worked checkout my today’s finds dirt.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate to say it but if you don't want to miss the good stuff you are going to have to dig a lot of junk. Everything you disc out is a chance to miss something good. Even the best detectors can miss masked items.

I went quicker recovery speed
Checkout my today’s finds. I dug trash but heard the high tone I was missing between trash also used my 6” coil. This place has been hunted out for decades.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I ran another setting at recovery speed 8 and it made a huge difference at the old Fort. The Equinox has a great recovery speed. Checkout my today’s finds!!!!!
And where are these posted?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread