Going to an old school house and homestead this weekend.

Morpheus32

Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Delta 4000, Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to an old school house and homestead this weekend - which program?.

I am going to the family farm this weekend and will be bringing the XP with me. As far as I can tell, no one has been to either site with a detector as both properties are landlocked with no buildings left. Both are 1900 ish sites.

Currently running 4.0 with the 11,9 and 9HF coils. I would appreciate some thoughts on what program to run with. I was thinking the 9 with Deus Fast but that is based on very little study. Currently reading up on the programs and user programs. I would appreciate to hear thoughts of those who have relic/coin hunting in similar locations. The bulk of my experience with the XP has been in parks, coin shooting, with particular effort not to dig below 3-4 inches due to the lawns.

Thanks in advance

M

Last edited:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DF is a good starting point, then you can make adjustments after scanning the site a bit....i never run just 1 program and not change settings...i would drop the frequency to 8 or 12 as 18 is the preset....good luck, sounds like it could be productive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with that. Run it with minimum disc and get an idea of where the iron is, or at least the nails. That will give you an idea where the buildings were located and you can focus your initial energies there. If you are coin shooting for silver I would primarily use the lf coil for max depth on high conductors. If you want nickels or mid-conductor relics like buttons, brass, small lead, then your best bet might be to run th Deus Fast program with the HF coil set at one of the two high frequencies (I would try the medium high frequency first 26 - 28 khz as applicable). Frankly I have found the HF round coil is a great all around coil that is quiet and plenty deep enough for high conductor targets (e.g., silver) at the lowest frequency setting (14 khz) and if I want to hit harder on mid conductors I go to 26 khz, but even at 26 khz the machine will hit just fine on high conductors, perhaps not as deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread