GOING TO KEY WEST

smartfox

Dec 18, 2006
For 1 whole day on 3/31/07. Going to metal detect for at least 4 hours at this trip. I am real excited. Planning on detecting at the beaches. Did I hear correctly that md is not allowed on the actual sand where people lay down? I always cover my holes and have gone to all sorts of parks and the park rangers are always cool because they see how I do not leave any messes around. ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE ON THE WAY TO KEY WEST OR KEY WEST I SHOULD GO TO? thanks in advance

There just are not much in the way of beaches in Key West, your best bet would be on the south side.

There are two state parks (Bahia Honda & Curry Hammock), on the way to Key West that allow metal detecting. Just check with the office/ranger before you do. They do have certain beach zones and times when it is not allowed due to turtle nesting and other aquatic/land reasons.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/FindaParkRegion.cfm?Dist=Southeast

When you are in Key West, the Mel Fisher Museum is worth a look. I had a great time there. Also there is a restaurant in Key West called Red Fish, Blue Fish that is a great little place to eat.

Hope it helps.

Isn't the "Rooftop" the clothing optional bar? ;)

Thanks guys. Going to ride the moped all around town and bar hop a bit. Also going to go to Sloopy Joe's

The clothing optional roof top bar is the Bull. I'll be down there in 3 weeks, but I will be diving. A week in the Marquesas and then a few days in Key West-diving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back