going to NC and the beach, all i have are bounty hunters, am i screwed???

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i am makeing a trip to nc soon, i used to have a mxt and had to sell it, bad move i know. well all i have at the moment are some bount hunters, a quick draw 2, a land star. the land star has ground trac, will that help me out on the beaches??? they both do great on land and i have never used near salt water. this is my first trip to the coast with a detector and there is no way i can afford a new highend detector right now. does anyone have expierence with any of these on the shores, any feedback would be very very helpful!
thank you
Brandon

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
On sand that's dry or only slightly damp, you'll probably do just fine. In the wet stuff you'll probably have to crank the sensitivity down and/or crank the discrimination high enough to knock out foil in order to cut salt water chatter enough to make it usable. It will also help to slow your sweep, and to sweep parallel to the shore rather than at 90 degrees to the water line.

Remember to put a plastic bag around the electronics housing in order to keep salt spray (even stuff you can't see but it's in the air) away from the electronics.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread