GOING TO PERU S.A

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
If I were going to Peru I would save and buy as near a top end detector that I could afford. If you are going to just do beaches think Minelab Excalibur. You can go into the water or stay in the sand (wet or dry) and you wont have to worry about getting water in the box. Accidents can and will happen and if you get it wet you are finished. You will also be able to detect small gold with the excal and if you get inland it is great there too.
Now I know there are other machines out there that will work for you and the ACE 250 is an OK machine but bottom line is that the Escal is one of the best.
.02 HH

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stick to a cheaper machine and the dry sand. If you go inland you really need a high power P.I. as the leaf cover on the ground can be a few feet deep. Then if you find anything good you would have to either give it up or risk taking it out of the country and they are very aware of the amount of items being smuggled out.
Of the thousands of 'ancient' finds that customs recover each year interestingly enough 90% are fake. So its not worth buying any of the bargains that you may be offered.
I've lost two expensive detectors on flights in South America and have had one smashed to bits so it can make it an expensive holiday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread