going to st martin & st thomas any body have any tips there willing to share thanks

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hi Mike; I have hunted in St Maartin...at orient beach...not the best for detecting. Usually big waves and rough. maybe on a different side of the island. I think some of ST thomas is off limits. Talk to Les. I know he has hunted st Maartin too.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some action near Orient beach but you will take a pounding from the waves. I felt like a piece of meat that came off the butcher tenderizing block. May not be like that all the time but in the 6 times I've been there it WAS ROUGH.

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Good luck on St. Martn. Not to be downer but I agree with the others about Orient Beach on the French side. Came out of Orient Beach with disabled Excalibur 1000 after only an hour so. Another part of the island also took out my Fisher CZ21 too. Needless to say a very disappointing visit for me. My trip was in late April of this year. It would be great for you report back to us with better success. Have thoughts about a couple other places on the island on the dutch side if you want to pm me.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best advice I can give is to wear mirrored sunglasses so the women won't see your eyes staring at them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread