going to the land of sebastian tomorrow any suggestions?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find some GOLD.

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I need the secrets spots. I dont want to have to earn them. I dont want to have to walk miles and miles. Digging filling and hoping. Arrrrrrrrr

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you find the gold that's the secret spots! Lol! Good luck

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Well didnt get to do much detecting, just a river bed. Got some nickels and lead. I did go to the museum but only on the gift side. I ended up buying a ballast rock and pottery shard. The shard is from the 1716 wreck. I was drooling over the coins. If you havent been there you gotta go. Whats funny I havent even been in the museum side yet. My brother and dad didnt want to check it out so I didnt force the issue. Definitely gonna go back to see the museum when im on my time

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm envious. My father-in-law lives in Vero Beach. We were just in Sabastian at the 1715 Plate Fleet Museum. I am writing an article about the museum among other things.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a tip.
The swell is hitting the beach a little more easterly than I would like..so try to find a section of beach that angles from the northeast to the southwest ... that's where you will find the best cuts.
Oops... well next time Mabey.

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20130902_081015.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130919_120221.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130919_120221.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I'm envious. My father-in-law lives in Vero Beach. We were just in Sabastian at the 1715 Plate Fleet Museum. I am writing an article about the museum among other things.

I did get them to go to that museum. It was freakin awsome. They had idigots the size of a fist. The weaponry section was surreal. I was fascinated by the history that took place there. I was told by one of the park rangers that 2 dudes got arrested for digging in the indian mounds there. They had metal detectors and shovels the ranger said.

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Here is a tip.
The swell is hitting the beach a little more easterly than I would like..so try to find a section of beach that angles from the northeast to the southwest ... that's where you will find the best cuts.
Oops... well next time Mabey.

I appreciate the advice gator. I will differently look for those signs. The beach had some cut to it. I have been working some cuts here. 65 cents and lead plus the usual. Alot of sand to be moved. Took US 1 up to sebastian I need to go there more often. It brings back alot of good surf trip memories.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure does.
A1A is part of me like my bones.
Good luck

OP
OP
sponge

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Thanks good luck to u also. Iove hearing this wind rip. Been a long time.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.. I know.. I'be been buzzing around all day..like a kid on Christmas Eve.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well get out there lads and post some good stories for those of us watching a sick kid after being on the Gulf coast for work last week. Been watching these surf reports and sick with the fever. Get home and bam kid detail. But tomorrow is another day

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
.... Been watching these surf reports and sick with the fever. Get home and bam kid detail. But tomorrow is another day

Don't feel too bad, and most of us aren't missing too much. After I put my kids to bed, I grabbed the flashlights and hit the beaches last night. (5) hours of dodging random rain clouds and rogue waves only turned up a handful of pennies. It looked like the beach was spray painted with black sand too. As far as the coins I did find, I nearly wore myself out trying to dig. Even with the monster 720, I was taking 3 and 4 scoops as most of the targets were in holes deep enough to bury a Kia.

-David

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about that low tide in the AM then passed out. Did any of you get to see the eclipse past few days?

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sticking to the beach itself is legal and pretty worthwhile. Lots of Spanish silver and some gold came off that stretch of sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread